Brewer Fanatic

Kevin Mench

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not any crazier of an idea than a Shaw/Schoop platoon at 2B.

It is literally a billion times crazier.

Jonathan Schoop

2400 Career ABs .740 OPS

In season after traded to Brewers....41 abs .346 OPS

Kevin Mench

2362 Career ABs .780 OPS

In season after traded to Brewers....133 abs .566 OPS

A billion times......literally??????

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Let's keep this thread focused on Yelich and 40 year old Kevin Mench.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Not any crazier of an idea than a Shaw/Schoop platoon at 2B.

It is literally a billion times crazier.

Jonathan Schoop

2400 Career ABs .740 OPS

In season after traded to Brewers....41 abs .346 OPS

Kevin Mench

2362 Career ABs .780 OPS

In season after traded to Brewers....133 abs .566 OPS

A billion times......literally??????

Yes, because Mench is 40 and hasn't played baseball in a decade. I'm guessing that career .780 OPS is probably attainable for him for his local bar league softball team, but not for the Milwaukee Brewers.

Finding out that Kevin Mench is 40 made me feel really old.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I wouldn’t mind a Yeli/Mench platoon.

This makes ZERO sense! I hate to blast fellow posters, especially since it's against forum rules. But this is so ridiculous, I have to call you out on it. When you have a talent like Mench, why in the world would you platoon him with a disappointing guy like Yelich?

I wouldn’t mind a Yeli/Mench platoon.

This makes ZERO sense! I hate to blast fellow posters, especially since it's against forum rules. But this is so ridiculous, I have to call you out on it. When you have a talent like Mench, why in the world would you platoon him with a disappointing guy like Yelich?

I suppose you are going to tell me it's a bad idea to platoon Chuckie Carr and Lorenzo Cain right now. That would be a platoon made in heaven. The yin to the yang.

Mench should only be allowed to platoon with someone that has the same hat size.

It's an easy formula to figure out

Lots of good position players added since last winter

+ 0 "name"/significant outside starting pitchers added since Spring Training

+ concern if not legit angst over several lousy games in a long mediocre stretch

+ total absence of promising Brewers-related trade rumors

= Look for a ridiculous thread or past Brewer to dredge up.

Voila! You get the itch to dig up a Kevin Mench thread!

I don't know why, but I am cracking up over the fact that a Kevin Mench aka Shrek transaction rumor thread has garnered 25 (and counting!) posts in the middle of a playoff push in 2018.

Fun fact: in 2000, 22 year old Kevin Mench led the Florida State League in OPS at an impressive 1.042

Archived