Brewer Fanatic

Luis Cruz optioned to AAA

battlekow

Bill saying he was impressive and that we should expect to see him in Milwaukee sometime this season made me cringe. There would be several players I would call up before I would even think about calling him up. He's horrible.

I know, I was mainly just astounded by the complete lack of knowledge of the guy who calls the games.

The Rock said that? Yea, not trying to knock him, but that doesn't shock me that much.

I can't be the first person to say,

"Who???"

Only because i just got off work. I had to look up who he was too.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

I can't be the first person to say,

"Who???"

Cruz was a waiver-wire pickup this offseason, pretty much just because of his gloveliness and the fact that someone had to play shortstop for Nashville. Here's the thread from when he was claimed.

In Bill's defense, I think he said that after Cruz turned a nice double play. If Counsell or Inglett got hurt, I could see Cruz getting called up as the 25th man on the bench, or I could see him called up as the backup SS/defensive replacement if Escobar gets hurt, as Inglett hasn't played there much. I couldn't see him coming up to get any significant playing time.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Archived