Brewer Fanatic

Northbound Hwy 45 bridge over I94 closed until Memorial Day

DatHoser
1992casey, I did not regularly visit this board in 2004, let alone the off topic forum. Not making excuses, but it seemed like a few of the topics the last few months probably were not appropriate for this forum than and should have been stopped since they were purely political issues, even if they weren't talking about politicians. Others have taken particular stances that are purely going along their particular political party. No offense to this board, but well understood at this point.

I am fortunate that I don't drive 45 north bound hardly at all. Years ago I did every day, but even than their were always bottlenecks. I can't imagine how bad it's going to be for those out of downtown west on 94.

You really should have picked up on it from the High Speed Rail thread.

Bruce, I sure could if you want me too. Should I take this as your poking at me to say something stupid....sorry, I won't make you happy on that one. And to still note it, no matter what you say, you won't talk me into believing the train is needed for the very few that will ride it, and the rest of us that will pay for it!! BTW, you really need to change the title "HIGH SPEED RAIL". 65ish MPH avg isn't exactly High Speed rail, look to japan for that.

If you guys are driving from the Falls area, your best taking Good Hope east to 43 if the zoo creates problems for you. Good Hope is pretty much a freeway in the rush hours. I easily make it from 45 to 43 in about 10 to 12 minutes if you hit the lights correctly, and I don't drive faster than others on the road as their are plenty of radar zones on the eastern half.

Sorry Casey, I couldn't disagree with you more about good East/West alternatives to and from Downtown, especially if you live as far west as Waukesha or Pewaukee. If there are good alternatives, I would like to know what they are. If they involve Blumound or Greenfield, my experience over the last 20 years of working downtown is that you might as well just stay on the freeway. The only one I have ever used (going West) is 894 to 43, but that takes you pretty far out of the way, especially if you live in Pewaukee or near I94 in Waukesha.
Couldn't you take Capitol? If the highway is slow, it's bound to be faster. When we move to Wauwatosa that's my plan if the interchanges are still all screwed up - I'll need to get to UWM.

ewizabeff[/b]]
Patrick425[/b]]
Sorry Casey, I couldn't disagree with you more about good East/West alternatives to and from Downtown, especially if you live as far west as Waukesha or Pewaukee. If there are good alternatives, I would like to know what they are. If they involve Blumound or Greenfield, my experience over the last 20 years of working downtown is that you might as well just stay on the freeway. The only one I have ever used (going West) is 894 to 43, but that takes you pretty far out of the way, especially if you live in Pewaukee or near I94 in Waukesha.
Couldn't you take Capitol? If the highway is slow, it's bound to be faster. When we move to Wauwatosa that's my plan if the interchanges are still all screwed up - I'll need to get to UWM.
Going to and from UWM and Wauwatosa using Capitol would not be bad. I'm talking about points farther West (Waukesha, Pewaukee). There are really no alternative routes. If the freeway is backed up taking Bluemound, Capitol (which is pretty far out of the way north for me), Greenfield etc, is really not a good alternative since they tend to get busier as well and it ends up taking two or three turns of the stop light before you can get through an intersection. There have been several times where I have been in a crawl on the freeway and got off thinking that one of those alternate routes had to be better. I have always regretted it.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I was under the impression that they had to replace both spans of bridges over I-94 (not just the span that goes over the East Bound side) and that is why it was going to take them until Memorial Day. I don't know how in the world they came up with the Memorial Day date since the bridge over eastbound I-94 looked to be pretty far along even before all this happened.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived