Brewer Fanatic

Gamel and Riske put on the 15-day DL

And That

Yeah, Gamel will likely be sent down as soon as possible.

I don't think his service time is a big deal. Possibly towards Super 2 status, and that's fairly minor in the big picture, but definitely not in regards to his free agency status.

Robert

I think Gamel has about 123 days of service time(Cot's has him at 28 days + 67 days on the active roster per TH + 27 days last Sept./Oct). 172 days is considered one year. Let's say he on the DL until the end of May. That would add about 60 more days of service time. That puts him at 183 days. Even if he is on the DL only until the end of April, about 30 days, he would be at 153 days. If he would get a September callup again this year, approx. 28 days,

that puts him over one year. Unless he stays down in AAA all year Mat Gamel having one year of service time is a very real possibility. Now that is really depressing.

I am not 100% sure of this so if somebody wants to double check that would be great.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Should this in any way effect the "courtesy" invites to spring that the Brewers give to their young stars (like Arnett this year)? It's bad enough that someone who is near MLB ready will lose some service time due to a spring injury. It would really be frustrating if a top A-Ball prospect got injured in the spring and lost a year of service time.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

A guy has to be on the 40-man roster to get service time if they get injured in Spring Training. I think they also have to be with the MLB club at the end of the previous year. If a player like Arnett had been injured he wouldn't get service time.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived