Brewer Fanatic

Fred Lewis

Speculation is that the Giants will release Fred Lewis who is out of options. Anyone else out there think they'd rather have the 29 year old Lewis who has solid OB skills (.355), has hit 3 HR this spring, over aging drama queen ex Cardinal and Cub Edmonds as backup and potential competition for Hart?

I'd say bye bye Jim and hello Fred if I'm the Brewers. I would imagine there would be some competition with other teams to sign him as he would be a valuable back up. Why are the Giants releasing him? Has he had injury issues?

Lewis is a valuable kind of guy and I'd think someone would swing a deal for him prior to him being released. He's dropping down the depth chart quite a bit in San Fran so you never know but if Melvin can get him I'd rather have him than Edmonds.

I'd probably say bye bye Hart first.
Me too.

If there's any reason besides the contract you're out of your minds, and even then I'd probably take Hart.

Hart's just one of those guys who has drawn the ire of the fans IMO. People get a bit irrational when talking about him.

Hart is too important to the Brewers and too talnted to let go. He's struggled, and the way he flails away at that slider low and away looks so ugly that's a big part of the disdain, but there is absolutely no way the Brewers are just going to dump Hart.

This is a make or break year for him, but he's got too much to offer potentially.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Archived