Brewer Fanatic

2010 Brewer Prediction

foamboy1
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know why, because usually I am a pessimist, but I think that for a change, a lot going to break right for this team. No significant injuries, the offense clicks, the starters get the job done well enough until mid-season when another fairly big name arm is picked up. I'm going to say that both Fielder and Weeks end up in Top 10 of the MVP voting. Next to weeks, Zaun is the surprise of the year (channeling Eddie Perez)- having a career year at the plate, I'm going to say at least 12 home runs. Braun will have kind of a down year a la Fielder in 2008, but still put up numbers that would be great for most players. Hart will continue to struggle and be supplanted by mid season by Gerut, who will put up solid numbers. Gallardo will log an entire season, winning 17 games. Parra will end up having a surprisingly solid season after a slow start. Wolf will be solid, but not spectacular, Doug Davis will struggle however. The bullpen will be mostly solid as well. I guess the key word here is 'solid'.

I'm going to say 94-68, 1st in the division, 4 games ahead of the Cubs.

I was waiting for someone to bump this. I don't think that I could have been any more wrong. Should have stayed the pessimist....

I'd pat you on the back, but you seem to have that covered. And Zaun was easily better than Kendall, obv. he got hurt.

EDIT: Wow. I just actually checked how bad Kendall was this season. .615 OPS, and he somehow managed to get 490 PAs.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I'd pat you on the back, but you seem to have that covered. And Zaun was easily better than Kendall, obv. he got hurt.

EDIT: Wow. I just actually checked how bad Kendall was this season. .615 OPS, and he somehow managed to get 490 PAs.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif Zaun actually managed to put up more WAR than Kendall in 1/4 the PA's.

Gotta love OBP < SLG!

Well, I had 85-77 as a fan and 81-81 as an objective observer. So, I guess I predicted 83-79.

I said 78 in 2010, ended up being 79.
77, actually, which (if your future predictions follow the same pattern) would suggest good news if you guess 120 in 2011. But you knew that. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I said 78 in 2010, ended up being 79.
77, actually, which (if your future predictions follow the same pattern) would suggest good news if you guess 120 in 2011. But you knew that. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
Just trying to trick myself into a extra win this year.

Archived