Brewer Fanatic

2010 Brewer Prediction

foamboy1
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

80-82

- Weeks will get hurt again; he will play less than 100 games.

- Gomez, Escobar, Hart, and the catcher's spot will be too many weak bats in the lineup to be an offensive force; the offense will be middle of the pack in the NL

- The starting rotation will be better, but still in the bottom 1/3 of the NL

- The bullpen will be solid

- The team will benefit quite a bit from the weakened division, but struggle somewhat against the East and West opponents

- Ken Macha will be fired after the season

I'll just add if I had to project the Brewers I'd probably go more like 81 games but since this is a prediction thread which basically means just make a wild guess, I'll stick with 85. So if I get it right I won't be patting myself on the back since it is basically meaningless since 1 years worth of data is basically random, they could easily win 75 games or 90 games with the same talent on the team just based on randomness.

I have them at 85 wins at this point, which may put them in the Wild Card. My dad seriously thinks they will be a 95 win team this year (Hey, if only we can all be so optimistic, right?). We have a bet on the season, where whomever is closest gets a beer bought by the loser.
What if they win 90?
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'd like to wait until a bit closer to Opening Day, but I'll throw my guess out there now and edit it later if I feel like it (or remember to.)

84-78 sounds about right to me.

Gallardo makes his first all-star team but struggles in the 2nd half.

Weeks has a great year but gets hurt in August.

Prince and Braun battle it out all season among the leaderboards.

Escobar hits about .275 with about 25 steals.

Wolf wins 13 games.

Hoffman saves 36 games.

McGehee regresses and hits about .230 with 10 hr.

Hart doesn't improve much, only to about .270 with 14 hr.

Gomez hits better than expected but not enough although he does steal 20 bases and leads the team with 17 bunt singles.

Bush and Parra combine for only 9 wins.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

87-75

finish about 2 games out of the wildcard, but are in the race all season.

Gomez outshines Escobar both at the plate and in the field.

Weeks plays the whole season without any trips to the DL.

Suppan is released before the All Star game.

Braun, Fielder, Yo, and Hoffman all make the All Star team.

Wolf leads a progressing starting pitcher staff with 17 wins.

Kottaras gets more playing time than Zaun in the second half of the season, and is successful at it.

Gamel doesn't get called up until September and is traded for pitching next offseason.

Axford is called up before the break and is the shining newcomer in the bullpen to set himself up as the closer next year.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

I'll just add if I had to project the Brewers I'd probably go more like 81 games but since this is a prediction thread which basically means just make a wild guess, I'll stick with 85. So if I get it right I won't be patting myself on the back since it is basically meaningless since 1 years worth of data is basically random, they could easily win 75 games or 90 games with the same talent on the team just based on randomness.

You're allowed to have fun, you know

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

87 wins. Win wild card tiebreaker game against the Dodgers.

Having an average rotation will be a big help. The offense scores only 20 less runs throughout the season and the pitching gives up 90 less.

Sorry, pet peeve of mine when people start bragging about guessing a single team's win totals correctly like it means something~. Fun is fine as long as people remember that is all it is.

Anyway, like I said I'm guessing 85.

Sorry, pet peeve of mine when people start bragging about guessing a single team's win totals correctly like it means something~. Fun is fine as long as people remember that is all it is.

Isn't trying to be correct part of the fun of a guessing game?

83-79

4th place behind the Reds, Cubs and Cardinals.

Offense will be worse by 2 wins, pitching better by 5. Randy Wolf will be a major disappointment and only be a .500 pitcher, as his luck and FB/HR rates will kill him in Miller Park.

I think this is an 86 win team...but if they maintain that pace, melvin might make a move to add a piece or two that might get them over the hump and into the playoffs.

so 86-76 is my guess, but hoping that Melvin makes a move in July and get this team to a 90 win team and in the playoffs.

I went with 85 wins last year, and see no reason to change. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I'll add that I think Randy Wolf and Doug Davis will be solid starters, Manny Parra will have a season ERA under 5, and Todd Coffey will become the fastest man in the world.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I just don't fell all that good about this team, i hate to say this, the brewers record will be 66-96. I think Casey McGee was playing way over his head last season, and will come back to earth this season,, i think our lineup is terrible, other than braun and prince we have nothing, when u have to count on parra and suppan that is not a good choice, i think macha will be gone by late April and prince will be traded by the deadline.

Maybe I'm naive for responding, but you're honestly going to project a 14-loss regression from last season? That doesn't seem grounded in reality. We lost some wins on offense to be sure, but probably came close to evening them out with the pitching staff. 14 more losses would take an astounding amount of injuries.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I just don't fell all that good about this team, i hate to say this, the brewers record will be 66-96. I think Casey McGee was playing way over his head last season, and will come back to earth this season,, i think our lineup is terrible, other than braun and prince we have nothing, when u have to count on parra and suppan that is not a good choice, i think macha will be gone by late April and prince will be traded by the deadline.

Just curious if this is serious or if it is just one of those I'm going to be negative to force a positive projections, because it is really hard to lose 66 games if you have even 2 good players on your team. The Brewers do not have one of the worst 2 or 3 teams in baseball unless they are killed by injuries.

86-76

I am pretty optimistic about the pitching staff right now with Wolf and Davis being big upgrades. Also, if Bush and Parra just have decent years compared to last year it will help a lot (which I think Bush will, not sure about Parra). The bullpen should be real tough as well, so overall I feel better about the pitching this year.

Besides Braun and Fielder, Im a little concerned about the lineup. Weeks will be good if he stays healthy, and I think Escobar will hold his own, but I just have a feeling McGehee will struggle a little bit in his second year and I am not sold on Gomez improving too much... plus we all know that Hart is a complete mess as of now.. I have a feeling Edmonds might get his fair share of playing time by year's end.

Hopefully, the crew can pull it all together and we can see another playoff run!

hmm. This is about as negative and farfetched as you can get.

Gallardo is a stud, Wolf is a solid 2, Davis is a solid 3. That's instantly an improvement over last year where we had Gallardo, Looper, and Suppan. Bush will be like his pre-line drive form, where he was having a carreer best year. Between Suppan, Parra, and Narveson I'm sure we'll find a suitable #5 guy, not to mention the depth we have in our minor league system at P now (Rogers, Butler, Estrada, Loe, Burns, etc.).

Trevor is Trevor at the backend, and I expect Coffey, Hawkins, and Stetter to be the best setup trio in the majors. I love what I've seen from Zach Braddock and he'll be on the team by the end of the season. Vargas is a much better RP than SP. John Axford has the stuff to join the pen too.

The lineup took a hit when Cameron left for BOS, but Weeks should be very good, and I expect big things from Alcides Escobar. Gomez should hit somewhere in the.245-.260 range and steal quite a few bases. Edmonds will probably end up platooning with Hart which gives us the best of both worlds with LH/RH RF. Braun and Fielder are studs. If McGehee really did play "over his head" last year, we have Gamel in the minors and a virtual unknown in Adam Heether who had a great year last year in AAA Nashville and could play 3B if plans A and B fail. Greg Zaun is a huge upgrade over Jason Kendall, and George Kottaras looks like he could be a solid backup.

Overall I see between 87 and 91 wins and we will not trade Prince like the quoted poster says.

Braun and Prince remain the great players they are.

Gallardo is a descent starter, but doesn't become a household name outside of Wisconsin.

Wolf and Davis will do worse than Brewer fans were expecting.

We get no offense out of SS, 3B, RF, C, or CF.

We start running (SB and extra bases) and make a lot of outs on the base paths.

Our bullpen isn't as good as last year.

76-86 (and a rain out game that, if played, takes us to 76-87)

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

80-82, the brewers are about as good as they were last year, we have better pitching depth, and slightly better defense. Offensively this team has took a step back, but is still one of the top offensive teams in the league. Alot of pieces need to fall into place for this team to get the division, but I am not counting it out.

Archived