Brewer Fanatic

Ann Carroll out, Jeff Grayson in

nullbyte

Interesting that Ann was only considered temporary in the first place. The only thing she did well was interviews. Aside from that, well?

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Here's the press release:

Jeff Grayson has been hired as host for Brewers Live pre- and post-game shows on FSN Wisconsin it was announced today. A 21-year veteran in sports television, Grayson is an Emmy-Awarding winning sportscaster, who will team with Brewers Live reporter Craig Coshun and analyst Dave Nelson to cover all of the station?s telecasts of Brewers baseball.

Grayson joins the FSN Wisconsin team after serving for 12 years (1993-2005) as the sports anchor for FOX?s KMSP-TV in Minneapolis . At KMSP, Grayson won two Emmy Awards and was once named Best Sports Anchor by Minneapolis City Pages. Since 2005, Grayson has done work for the Timberwolves, Vikings, and Wild as well as worked in radio and written magazine columns.

Grayson is a native of the Milwaukee area, graduating from Wauwatosa East High School and UW-Milwaukee. He passionately followed the Brewers, Bucks and Packers in his formative years.

During college at UW-Milwaukee, Grayson worked behind the scenes as a sports producer under Tom Pipines at WITI-TV and stayed at the now-FOX affiliate in Milwaukee from 1986-1990. In 1990, Grayson moved to WBAY-TV in Green Bay and covered Wisconsin sports there until 1993, winning a Milwaukee Press Club Award (Best Sports Program) and a Wisconsin Associated Press Award (Best Feature).

Grayson also learned the media business from his father who worked at WBBM Radio in Chicago and was doing post-game interviews in the Milwaukee Braves clubhouse on the night Hank Aaron ' s home run gave the Braves the 1957 National League Pennant.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

So this must be why the Squeeze Play for Thursday's game was done with "commentary" taped by Craig Coshun, obviously after Wednesday night's game.

"And here's the starting lineup for Ned Yost's Brewers." (followed by a cut to a lineup graphic with no voiceover)

Doesn't explain why the Squeeze Play coverage started in the third inning. I was hoping to see a replay of Ryan's RBI.

Well, bye, Ann. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/indifferent.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

My favorite quote:

Quote:
FSN Wisconsin management was not dissatisfied with Carroll's job, according to Brian Peterson, a spokesman for the regional cable network.

It doesn't say they were satisfied, however. And that's something else, if they thought she wasn't doing a bad job, I don't know what is going on there.

I know they wouldn't say it in an article, but I can imagine the talk in the conference room was that boy, that Ann Carroll is doing some good work.

Just to be fair, another thing Ann was good at was taking one syllable words and stretching them out for two or three seconds. She was especially good at doing this with important words like "and" and "so".

One of my favorite Ann Carroll moments was when she stared at Josh Barfield's name in her notes, which apparently just said "J. Barfield". She didn't quite know what to do, so she finally just read what was on her piece of paper: "J. Barfield".

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived