Brewer Fanatic

LHP Scott Schoeneweis Released; Latest -- Joins Red Sox (and makes the team)

Mass Haas

I'd like to see Shouse brought back for depth. There probably isn't room for him, but if it's even a remote possibility he's brought in, whom does he replace or would he accept a AAA invite?

1 ER in 10 IP, 6 K's/1 BB this spring.

Maybe the Red Sox present a better opportunity. Jim Edmonds was signed to a MiLB deal, too. I don't know the BoSox well enough to have any idea about their bullpen situation, though.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Can't say I'm too happy that the idea of the Brewers releasing him because his wife died a year ago is seeping into the "mainstream" media. Even if the stories emphasize that it's just his side of the story (like the ESPN Boston article notes), it can't help the organization's perception among players.

With that said, I wish him luck. Perhaps 804Sox can let us know if he has a realistic chance of making the team in the last week of camp?

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I still think that quote is completely taken out of context and doesn't mean what the reporters are insinuating it does. That is nothing new obviously, reporters as well as fans do that kind of thing constantly.

Archived