Brewer Fanatic

Virus Protection Software Program

Dmiles23
I know there was a thread about this a year or so ago, but was wondering what the current best virus protection software programs are? I use Verizon high speed internet, and always used their Internet Security. But I'm thinking there may be something better out there. Can someone please help me out? Thanks in advance!

yeah, I'd have to second AVG free. Works well.

Their pay program is pretty darn good too and provides the whole shabang when it comes to internet security. I have it running on my wife's computer.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

If you are extremely cautious about what websites you visit and what you click on and download you may be able to get by with AVG free.

If you download a lot of stuff, particularly from peer-to-peer networks, or are a generally curious person who clicks on a lot of links or opens everything that gets sent to your email ("hey, check this out..."), or if you have a lot of valuable stuff on your computer, I highly recommend paying for one. Any one. You can get a bunch of them free after rebate with purchase of tax software (what I do every year) - I went with AVG this year.

As for "free" antivirus... like many things in life, unless you really know what you're doing you usually get what you pay for.

Archived