Brewer Fanatic

MLB Network - 30 Clubs in 30 Days; Saturday 8:00 CDT

Mass Haas

It was pretty good, it's going to be rerun a bunch of times tomorrow. Some nice interviews with Wolf, Zaun, Hoffman, Braun, and Melvin. Plesac predicted the Brewers would win the wild card. Jon Hart predicted us tied for third. Their list of top 9 moments in franchise history:

1. Cooper's 2 RBI single in game 5 of the ALCS

2. Team Streak going 13-0

3. Clinching the wild card

4. Molitor's 5 hit game in game 1 of the World Series

5. Higuera winning 20 games

6. Molitor's 39 game hitting streak

7. Nieves no hitter

8. Yount's 3000th hit

9. Prince hitting 50 HR

This is going totally on memory, so I might have flipped one or two around. I don't think Higuera winning 20 should be so high up, and I'd have put the wild card at #2, but otherwise it's a decent list.

That was cool to watch because I was at Maryvale the day this was recorded (Friday against the Angels). I was right behind Braun during his interview!:http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif I thought it was a very good piece; and I loved watching those 9 clips of great moments in franchise history.

I don't get MLB Network anymore since I went with AT&T, but my recollection of Hart is he says nice thing, nice thing, nice thing, they aren't very good about the Brewers.
Formerly AKA Pete

I got goosebumps when I saw the clip of the Brewers clinching the wildcard. I thought Prince was funny and always enjoy Matt Vasgersian.

Same here. I was there with my son, who I see rarely as he lives in Siberia (really). It was an incredible day and moment.

I have it DVR'd, but did anyone catch their Brewers all-time home grown team that they have been doing for each team during this series?
If I remember...

C-Porter

1B-Fielder

2B-Molitor

SS-Yount

3B-Braun

OF-Vaughn

OF-Thomas

OF-Sheffield

SP-Higuera

CL-Pleasac

I liked when John Hart said Corey Hart was a grinder, that he really grinds out every at bat. Yes, yes he does. All one pitch of it.

I liked it all and all. I thought Matt Vasgersian wearing the Hulk hand thing was funny. It was cool to see Pleasac excited about the team. I hope his season prediction is as good.

About five minutes in Matt Vasgersian calls us the great state of Milwaukee. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I don't remeber Casey being a Rule 5 pick either.... he was wavier wire right?

You knew me as Myday2001.

Thanks for the link, Pointer. Not having MLB Network is my only complaint with Dish Network thus far. I really enjoyed watching Willie Randolph working with (and talking smack to) various guys.

Archived