Brewer Fanatic

David Dellucci

pogokat

If the Brewers are able to rid themselves of Geoff Jenkins, what do you guys think about David Dellucci in a corner spot?

Delucci would probably cost about 8 over two years, and he hits righties even better than Geoff does...He would require a platoon mate as well, but he's proven that he will succeed with less than starting time..

He's probably too similar to gabe gross, but I've like the guy for a few yearsa, and i think he's likely to be more productive than jenkins next year and going forward

David Dellucci's Career Splits

Quote:
We should see if we can get Gabe Kapler and Rusty Greer to.

Former Ranger Corner Outfielders...Collect 'em all!

+1 for tying Rusty Greer into this thread. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

He has simply pounded righties lately, and all else being equal I'd take his bat over Gross since he' the more proven player. That said, all else won't be equal, as he'll be paid a lot more, and doesn't play CF.

Now, if we didn't have Jenkins, he would be way more attractive, as I'd rather have Jenks as an everyday player, but Dellucci may be able to come pretty close as a platoon guy.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Dellucci has had 2 nice years after a career's worth of mediocrity.

I'd be concerned that these last few years (especially as he's going to be 33 on opening day) are an anomoly.

I hate to say this, because it's generally not my philosophy, but if the Brewers are going to upgrade a COF spot, it needs to be with someone better than David Dellucci.

But Dellucci is a gamer, a fighter, all that stuff Yost likes.

He was the man in Arizona and has had some decent years (in platoon roles) since. I really wonder how he'd do as a full-time player (i.e. hitting vs. RHP) as he seemed to do okay back in the day (haven't looked up stats, yet. Just going on memory).

Speaking of ex-Rangers, we could get Oddibe McDowell and David Hulse. Wasn't Hulse on the Brewers at one time anyways?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

The problem is that Delucci would cost as much as Jenkins after you send cash with Jenkins and pay Delucci. He's older and not as good defensively and would have another year with decent money committed. Not really a cost saving nor really offense improving move.

Archived