Brewer Fanatic

Your opinion on who Zaun looks like.....

RobDeer 45

Kendall was pretty bad behind the plate last year. He was pretty good in '08, but dropped off big time last season. Are people really already looking at him with rose colored glasses?

Zaun is just a stop gap measure on a relatively cheap one year deal. If he continues to struggle, I would not be surprised to see Kottaras start to get a majority of the starts by the All-Star break. Then again this same team let Rivera rot on the bench in favor of Kendall last season, so you never know.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

The point is, I'd like neither of them as a starting catcher on a team I hope can make the playoffs, but at least Kendall is still relatively good behind the plate.

Kendall was statistically one of the worst defensive catchers in baseball last year.

I know Kendall wasn't good at throwing out base-runners last year. But is there a stat for catching balls in the dirt? Asking seriously, not trying to be a wise-guy. Like is there a "percetage of pitches caught" stat? (which goes beyond simply just passed balls and errors)... Its a very small sample but I see alot of balls getting away from Zaun that do not get registered as "passed balls" or errors

I don't have photo evidence of this, but in Friday's game, in the pinstripes, I thought he looked a lot like Yount with his beard and blond mullet sticking out in back. I said it out loud to someone at the time, so I feel obligated to post since this thread magically appeared.

I knew I had seen this thread here...

I made this:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs464.ash1/25499_1376950554421_1551593334_30956929_2974886_n.jpg

I might make a Zaun abides shirt, but, expect to print maybe 3 or 4 total, haha.

Make mine a 2x/tall or I'll club a baby seal.

Zaun is just a stop gap measure on a relatively cheap one year deal.

Hopefully that gap closes really, really soon. Zaun looks like an old, career backup catcher that should not be getting 90+ starts for a playoff caliber team.

Archived