Brewer Fanatic

Carl Crawford

SJgunny
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone fill me in as to why The D-Rays would trade Crawford? I know they have Baldelli and young, but who is forcing them to get rid of one? and why get rid of a cheap young outfielder when they have use of the DH? thansk for the response to my FIRST POST. I have been reading here for years, and I finally decided to say something

Welcome aboard. That's a good point, and after the initial, exciting thought of the possibility of acquiring Crawford passed, I started to wonder the same thing. The D-Rays have an interesting way to dangle their players. How long was Aubrey Huff on the market, and then Julio Lugo? I remember the D-Rays not moving them initially because they were asking for quite a bit.

And I expect the same thing to happen with Crawford. They don't have to move him, as he's not immediately blocking anyone, and his salary ($4M next year) isn't putting their otherwise modest payroll over the top. Their initial demands for Crawford were a pre-arby staff ace and two top prospects. That's the type of package you would realistically ask for in return for Arod, not Carl Crawford, and while I don't think that is necessarily what they expect to receive in return, I think it is a sign that Crawford more than likely is staying put for the time being. And after stopping by a few D-Rays sites, their fans seem to think the same exact thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived