Brewer Fanatic

Twins Single game tickets

brewernp

I tried to get tickets this AM to the May series between the Crew and the Twins in Minnesota and found that they were only available in a season ticket plan. Anyone know the story behind this? Seems like a poor way to get fans from Wisconsin to come up for the series (maybe they don't care with the new stadium). I checked Stub Hub and bleacher tickets were already going for nearly $40. Any wisdom is appreciated.

I think the story is simply that with a new stadium, demand for tickets have increased. There aren't many seats left for the series with the Brewers. They need to save some seats in case they do sell some more season ticket packages. I don't think it is anything that they are doing specifically for that series to try to make Brewer fans buy tickets to additional games. They just have to have some seats available for season ticket sales.

I was hoping to get 4 tickets to the saturday game, and was shut down as well. I'll be watching eBay, Craigslist, and Stubhub, but it looks like if I really want to see that game, I'll be paying significantly above face value. We Brewer fans saw the same thing when Miller Park opened.

I can't believe the Fenway like prices on Stub Hub for the Brewers/Twins series...$75 was the cheapest 1st level, and the upper deck by the RF foul pole was $30.

If you really want to go for face, checking the Twins' site 2-3 times a day is your best bet. You might want to call and ask them what their handicapable status is...the Brewers used to hold these until an hour before the game, but have since wised up. Also, the Twins may be waiting to sell SRO, as they do not know how many to sell, as they have not played a game at TF yet.

Archived