Brewer Fanatic

Seeking official letters for a blue jersey

hawing

At the 2009 clubhouse sale I purchased for myself a blue 2008 Iribarren jersey, when he wore #26. I'd been interested for a while in getting a blue jersey, and since Hernan isn't the hugest Brewer ever, his jersey actually fits me ok. I joked at the time that if the Hurricane flames out or is traded, I could just acquire a P and an A and convert the jersey to an up-to-date looking Parra.

Now that Hernan's departure seems a possibility, I wonder if anyone knows where to look for jersey letters in the Brewers' uniform font. Since it's a blue jersey, the letters need to be white with gold trim.

If worse came to worst, I figure I could scour the clearance racks for a cheap navy jersey whose name includes P and A, and raid it for parts (so to speak). But I imagine if anyone knows how to get just the two letters, it'll be someone on this board. Thanks for any ideas you might have.

(Note: for uniform/memorabilila purists, I haven't ruled out simply wearing the jersey in its original Hurricane glory. Part of the value of this garment for me is that it's from 2008, that magical season.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

If you search ebay for "brewers authentic jersey kit" you can find some custom name ones. They are 29.99 plus 5.50 shipping but that is for a full name and both numbers. Maybe you can talk the guy into just selling a P and an A.

I'd already located those kits online - thanks - but they list only road and home options, not the alternate jerseys. Blue letters wouldn't do me any good.

If it turns out they do have white letter/number kits, the $30+ cost is still probably cheaper than looking for an also-ran's navy jersey from the Brewers (with a P and an A).

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

hawing - if you take it to the store in the hot corner, I think you pay $30 and they will put the numbers and name on for you...I did this with a Braun, and they are all authentic, and it looks great! with the season started up they might have more of a wait time, but when I did it, it was ready in 2-3 days.

At the end of last year, they were selling blanks for half price (authentic ones), actually more than that, they were originally 160, and they were selling for 50. So I picked a couple up, and thy can letter it and name it for 30...it's a great deal. And it's official and authentic.

i have been looking on ebay too for lettering kits as I am thinking it may be cheaper to go that route than actually get the new Milwaukee alternates customized. The letter do have the possibility of the blue alternates, so for 35 bucks you can get the name and number that you want.

Archived