Brewer Fanatic

Milton Bradley: "A prisoner in my own home [In Chicago]"

jjgott

I find it amazing that he claims he was thrown out on opening day only because it was him arguing, even though he was in the umps face over a balls and strikes argument. I've never seen a player get in the face of the ump over balls and strikes and not get run up. If it was something else, I might understand, but balls and strikes... I thought that was pretty black and white (uhh...but not in a racial way... wow, I walked into that one).

Watch the interview. Colleen Dominguez is throwing him loaded questions. It's awful, and almost embarrassing that an interviewer would use tactics like that. She brings up hate mail, he says that he did get some, and then she asks three times if he suspects that some was from people within the Cubs organization. Then they got the "prisoner in home" quote and ran with it. Bradley is a crazy dude, but this is just a terrible interview. I think he did well for the questions he was asked.

I don't think Milton was all that bad in that interview, all and all. Typical Milton not taking any responsibility for himself, but I fully agree with brewjihad, what an awful, loaded interview and ESPN ends up looking worse in the interview than Bradley, which is saying something. Every single question was trying to lead to a sound bite they could make an issue out of.

The funny thing to me is what a lightning rod the Cubs & their fans use him as. The guy still OBP'd nearly .380 in a down season. But yeah, he was your big problem, not Soto, or Fontenot, or Theriot, or Soriano. Yep, it was the guy with the third-highest OBP on your team. Clearly his clubhouse canceritis caused all four of those guys to suck.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

His throwing the ball into the stands with two outs probably stuck in the fans' minds. It was dumb, but it didn't cost them the division. Ahhh the Cubs, I don't know how we survived without them as a rival all those years.

I will agree with those on here who have posted on how poorly conducted Colleen Dominguez's interview with Bradley was. If I was Bradley, I would have walked out of the interview except that by doing so it would have played into her hands. Bradley has certainly done quite a bit to bring negative attention on himself, but I also think that generally if the media sees any sign of potential controversy they will exacerbate a situation to satisfy their own ends. Imo, Bradley conducted himself quite well under the circumstances.

I think endaround is right...If Lee or Ramirez were out arguing with the umps, lou would go out and at least add a few words. When Milton did that on the first day of the year, Lou sat back and did nothing. Then there was the day where Lou sent him home and wanted nothing to do with him, then he called him later and said that he was welcomed back...

I just can't wait until he puts up decent numbers this year, and Cubs fans will all wonder why they got rid of him.

The Big hurt was on Rome is Burning, had his take.

"I never experienced racism on the south side. Not at all. We had a very loyal, crazy fan base but they were dedicated baseball people. I think over at Wrigley you got a lot of people their for the atmosphere and not really great baseball fans on that side. I mean there are great baseball fans on that side of town, but you got a lot of college guys and college people at that party."

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Archived