Brewer Fanatic

2010-03-09 Brewers (Suppan) at Cubs (Wells), 2:05 PM CST -- Try out our chat room during the game! [Brewers win, 5-3]

Mass Haas
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Box score here.

MLB audio subscribers can listen in via the webcast (which will archive) here.

The Cubs audio broadcast is available for those driving around at AM-720 or XM radio subscribers on channel 186.

A Gameday, which mainly allows you to scroll through a "game log" later on, can be found here. By the way, the last couple of days Gameday has kept up batter-by-batter, but not on a pitch-by-pitch basis.

As game time approaches, the Brewers' media notes will be available here. That's where you will learn who else is scheduled to pitch beyond Jeff Suppan, and whether any minor leaguers are up from their camp for the game.

We know posts may be light here during spring training games in particular, and while posts are still welcome, we will be pushing our

Spring Training Chat Room

during all our In-Game Threads.

When you look at the list of all our Forums, you'll see how many are in the chat room at any one time. Schmooze with fellow Brewer fans who are into the team enough that they've made listening to spring training games a part of their day!

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Media notes:

ON THE MOUND: Also scheduled to pitch this afternoon (subject to change) is RHP Claudio Vargas, LHP Chuck Lofgren and LHP John Halama.

MINOR DETAILS: Joining the team from minor-league camp today is RHP Ruben "Buddy" Flores (#91) and RHP Jim Henderson (#96).

Game's underway now; and MLB.com seems to be trying to make up for the low volume of the broadcast a few days ago. That was a surprise in the earbuds.

Edit: 56 degrees in Phoenix / 46 wind chill. (43/39 in Madison). Ouch for Wisconsinite visitors.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

So are the webcasts free or not? I was able to log in and listen with no problem on Friday, and the Brewers home page specifically says it's a free webcast, but when I try to log in today it keeps prompting me to subscribe to MLB Audio.

Edit: Just tried again, and it's letting me listen no problem, so apparently the having to subscribe thing was a snafu.

I didn't get the impression that anything was free besides box scores and non-premium Gameday. Maybe Friday's broadcast was a special freebie?

On a note related more to this game, guess who's the first Brewers spring training starter to give up a run in 2010? Cold Soup. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

I just edited my original post to say that it's letting me listen now, so it looks like all the webcasts are free, and asking to subscribe was just a mistake.

Also, is it wrong of me to want Suppan to get hammered in spring so he possibly wouldn't start the season in the rotation?

A little, but not really. I feel the same way.
Even I am entertaining the possibility of that particular silver lining. 3-0 Cubs. "Suppan giving up some hard-hit balls in the zone" (Brian A.).

DLee even owns Suppan in ST games. In 62 career PAs v. Suppan, Lee has hit:

.431/.532/.863 (1.395 OPS) with 5 HRs.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

I have a feeling it doesn't matter if Suppan gets rocked every time he goes out there. He'll still be in the rotation.
This is where I'm at, sadly.

DLee even owns Suppan in ST games. In 62 career PAs v. Suppan, Lee has hit:

.431/.532/.863 (1.395 OPS) with 5 HRs.

While these numbers are insane, I have a feeling there are plenty of mashers that have made a nice living against Suppan. I get a bit bummed thinking about how much Prince would have benefited from Suppan being on a different NL team.

Archived