Brewer Fanatic

Sheets: "Zero bad blood" with Melvin, Brewers

Wow the comments after the story are embarrassing and stupid. Ben will always be one of my favorite Brewers. One of the best pitchers to watch in all of baseball, imho.

Was there a ever a better Brewer pitching season than his 2004? Never understood the injury prone tag, nor the hatred. The guy threw 674 innings from age 23-25 and never complained. He should have sued the team for abuse after those 3 seasons....

Win the Cy Young this year Ben. That should really irk the idiots.

I had the misfortune of seeing his last start as a Brewer (the Saturday game). I call it a misfortune not because he got rocked, but because the booes that reigned down upon him as he left for the last time as a Brewer.

I still will watch for and root for him this year.

"Ya'll created the big story that there was bad blood," Sheets told a group of reporters that included Milwaukee writers. "I don't know where you dreamed this up at. Maybe at nighttime.
Same old Ben. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Quoth Tom:
Sounds like a bit of bad blood there, doesn't it?
Not really, Tom. Issues with one's employer don't necessarily have to be elevated into "bad blood."

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Benny really had a lot of miles on his arm early in his career. For many of those years he was one of the few bright spots on some rather horrible teams. That mileage although I can't prove it would seem like they accelerated to a worn out arm. Therefore not that I feel bad for the guy, because he obviously has made some money, but can not wish him any ill will. For anyone to call him injury prone is ignoring his early years with the Crew.

He helped carry us to our first post season appearance in 26 years. I realize his arm folded just at the end, but to discredit the entire 2008 body of work would be ludicrous. This guy was just as much a part of our success in 2008 as CC, Ryan and Prince.

razzzorsharp]I had the misfortune of seeing his last start as a Brewer (the Saturday game). I call it a misfortune not because he got rocked, but because the booes that reigned down upon him as he left for the last time as a Brewer.

I still will watch for and root for him this year.

I too was there, and am still disguisted. I remember listening to 1250 after the game, and Sparky and all the callers were calling him selfish because he was "trying to be the hero." And he should have told brass that he couldn't pitch, and that he has always been selfish and good ridance. I will never forget that, I still am upset about it. I guess putting the rest of your career in jeopardy to get your team to the post season is selfish. One caller called him "the most selfish player in baseball."

And if Ben didn't pitch that day, the same caller would have still called him the most selfish player in baseball for not pitching.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I too was there, and am still disguisted. I remember listening to 1250 after the game, and Sparky and all the callers were calling him selfish because he was "trying to be the hero."
That's why I don't care for WSSP too much, although I admit I still listen frequently, because at least they talk about the Brewers. Mainly I can't stand Sparky, though. He seems to take a negative opinion on everything Brewers related, no matter how ridiculous or petty it seems. He's supposed to be the main "baseball guy" on "The Big Show", but he constantly rips basically everything about the entire team. It's almost like listening to a parody of a real sports talk show.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived