Brewer Fanatic

Would anyone want Sammy Sosa?

I don't want him. He's just coming back like Bernie Mac's character in Mr. 3000. And, although we are the @#%$ team in that movie, that's thankfully not our current reality. It's a team like Tampa Bay or Pittsburgh or KC that'd be his stop. The Royals seem a great option for both, since he could DH.

While he will be cheap (think Frank Thomas '06) in '07, our OF is kind of a mess as it is, he'd just make it even more congested

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The Power off the bench would be nice. Unfourtunatly it wouldnt be a positive to the clubhouse when one of our young guys hits a minor slump and you have a player like Sammy sitting on the bench. I cannot see how he would fit on this team, Although I think he is capable of a .270 25HR 70RBI season.

I understand your disagreement.

But to me 2005 was a small sample size compared to the entire big picture.

Spending his entire career(almost) studying national league pitching and then expecting him to pick up where he left off at 36 years old(I THINK) in a new league against new pitchers was asking him to bite off more than he can chew.

I have hated the guy for years, and I am not saying he would help the BREWERS nor be a good fit for the BREWERS.

I am saying in the right situation, back in the NL with 500+ ABs, hitting behind a heck of a hitter, and a year away from his most controversial season - I think it is not out of the question that he would be able to put up the numbers stated above.

Spending his entire career(almost) studying national league pitching and then expecting him to pick up where he left off at 36 years old(I THINK) in a new league against new pitchers was asking him to bite off more than he can chew.

But then you're dismissing 2004, where he was still in the NL and only hit .253.

No I am not. If I am dismissing 2004, then so are you Peavey, because he hit 35 dingers and drove in 80 runs.

I've said nothing about HRs or RBI in any of my posts. My entire objection is that .270 is an unrealistic projection/expectation for him, since he hasn't hit that since 2003, and has been out of baseball for an entire year.

Anyhow - Its not important what was said or what I felt your quote implied. At least not to me.

We will only know the answer if Sammy finds himself in an ideal situation as described above, and I think that the odds of that are very small at best.

and by that time, I would hope any sammy sosa asking if the BREWERS should sign himwill be buried DEEP in the archives.

Sammy Sosa should play up the road from Baltimore and play in Washington for the Senators. Wouldn't that be a riot after the Congressional hearings took place? Cripes, I thought him playing in Baltimore and having the power outage he had there was all the proof Congress needed to prove their case without admission on Sosa's part.

Well, there goes that lame attempt at trying to be funny today...

Archived