Brewer Fanatic

Field Diamond Box vs. Field Infield Box?

I was wondering what the difference is as I buy tickets for this season. I've sat in the field infield box many times but never in the diamond box. I'm confused because I've had FIB seats that are pretty darn close to the field, so I don't understand how the FDB seats could be better enough to warrant being twice the price. FIB is $50, FDB is $100.

Anyone care to break this down for me? Why do they cost so much?

Field Diamond Box seats I believe are the first 5 rows of the Field Infield seats. First 5 rows in the sections closest to Home plate.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

I always thought it was funny when I would sit in row 7 or 8 knowing that my seats were $50 less than the guy two rows in front of me. IMO, the diamond box seats are only worth the money if you're sitting in the first row. Seriously, what is difference between row 3 and row 7??? Not $50, that's for sure.

I've sat in the first row behind the Brewers dugout a couple of times and it is by far the coolest place to watch a game. Everyone should get the chance to sit in those seats at least once...you can hear the players talking in the dugout for crying out loud!

I always thought it was funny when I would sit in row 7 or 8 knowing that my seats were $50 less than the guy two rows in front of me. IMO, the diamond box seats are only worth the money if you're sitting in the first row. Seriously, what is difference between row 3 and row 7??? Not $50, that's for sure.
Not to derail the thread, but I've always wondered if sports teams would one day start instituting a more precisely graduated pricing system for their seats. It's one thing in "olden days" to be limited to rigid pricing organized into vast sections, but with modern ticketing technology you'd think they could cut through the riculousness of people sitting just feet apart with vastly different face value tickets.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I'd say it's worth it if you can throw $50 away and not notice it.

It's one of those, "if you have to ask", then the answer is no, you can't afford it.

No offense, as I only sit in the lower three levels if I get 'em 50% off.

If you check my profile I have some pictures taken from the Diamond box seats just beyond the first base bag along the RF line. I bought the tickets on Ebay a couple years ago for a Sunday game (JJ Bobblehead). The seats were row 2 I believe. Face value was $96 iirc, but I think I paid $75/each. I think the best part was pre game when all the Brewers were hanging out and stretching just a few feet away from us. Braun, Hart, and Weeks signed a bunch of autographs for kids when they first came out and when CC walked by I could have almost touched him, he was a huge, huge man.

It also depends on where you are in the diamond box. I sat there one time, 4 rows back almost directly behind home plate. It's kinda fun when someone fouls it back, but that wears off quickly. The main thing that was cool for me was that this was during the time when Turnbow and Coco were absolutely domination the 8th and 9th, and I got to see the movement on their pitches from pretty close. I wouldn't ever put the money down for a package in those seats, but it's a different experience and I'd like to do it every few years if I can.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Archived