Brewer Fanatic

What are you watching?

logan82

Other than the Olympics, what do you typically watch on TV? I hardly ever watch anything unless I record I have it recorded on TiVo.

Psych - Probably my favorite show and has been for a while

Chuck

White Collar

Burn Notice

Caprica - Will probably drop this one pretty soon unless it gets interesting

Star Wars The Clone Wars - Just ok. Time filler. Waiting for the live action Star Wars show to come on.

Community - I don't watch it all the time.

Various shows on History channel

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aside from sports (Olympic hockey), nothing (except for Seinfeld reruns).

I am awaiting the new season of Deadliest Catch though.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I dropped cable last year due to budget constraints and the fact that I was watching a bit too much mindless crap. This is what's left:

How I Met Your Mother --- The only show still on with a laugh track I can tolerate, primarily because it's actually funny. (Take that Big Bang Theory!) Great use of flashback humor that's really rewarding for repeat viewings and longtime fans.

Modern Family --- Every time I think this show is getting a bit too schlocky and too formulaic, they reel me back in by the end of the episode with an unanticipated "twist".

Community/Parks & Rec/The Office --- I have a tradition of catching up w/ 30 Rock all in one sitting, plus it's difficult for me to allot 2 straight hours of TV with commercials, so it's just these 3 for me on Thursdays. If I have to miss one, it's usually Community as it often conflicts w/ my son's bedtime and it's just not as good. I've been a big cheerleader for season 2 of Parks & Rec. Anyone who gave up after the mediocre first season has missed out on free TV's best comedy this year. The Office really has paled in comparison, but I'm looking forward to the return of the old dynamic between Jim/Dwight. Community is good for a show in it's first season, but lacks the depth of the others.

NFL Football --- As long as it's still free, this is how I will spend my Sundays in the fall.

Also, 58.4 ShorewestTV --- Okay so I can't entirely avoid the mindless crap...

I'd like to get into House and Fringe again, but their airtimes conflict with HIMYM and The Office, so it's a no-go there without a Tivo and I find it hard to Hulu hour-long dramas.

I watch all of MLB/NFL/NHL/NBA when they're on.

Simpsons, Family Guy and That '70s Show.

The one I've really gotten into lately that I'm kind of embarrassed about is Degrassi: The Next Generation. Ugh, I never got into any other Teen Drama but I get into this one?

How i met your mother - I like it, classic comedy sitcom style.

Big Bang Theory - I find it very funny, but a lot of the jokes are VERY, VERY, VERY nerdy(and easily go over a lot of people's heads). I spent a lot of my college years with physics majors and Engineers, so Sheldon is a very relate-able character for me. Also, Bernadette is exactly like my fiance(biochemist, short, glasses, blonde hair, pretty much an exact clone) so that helps.

Two and a half Men - Easily the funniest thing on TV, in my opinion

Burn Notice - I love spy stuff. I will catch it when it's on tv, but i won't go out of my way to watch it.

Big Love - My fiance got me into it, and now i am hooked.

Mad Men - Another thing the Fiance got me hooked on., same watching habit as burn notice.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

I've just been catching up on the first two seasons of Metalocalypse. Hilarious if you're into dark humor and adult swim type shows.

I watch Parks and Recreation, The Office, and 30 Rock whenever they're new.

I'm pumped about Breaking Bad starting a new season March 21.

The "future of cable" thread that arose here earlier this winter helped me realize that there's not that much TV I watch regularly, as in 'strive not to miss'. Ours is not a kill-your-television household by any means, but I don't find myself sitting in front of it as much as I used to (not when I can sit in front of the computer, of course).

I still try not to miss The Simpsons.

If I'm in the living room when Modern Family or Parks and Recreation come on, I'll watch. Credit Brewerfan.net for alerting me to those.

I'll watch select sporting events (Brewers, UW basketball and UW hockey) but I often prefer listening to each of those on the radio while I do other things. It's not like we have ESPN on all the time.

Betraying my age group a bit, I like some of the retro programming on TV Land and WGN. For example, Barney Miller was a little beyond me when it was first aired, but now I enjoy. As soon as TV Land switches to its "original" programming, though, I stop watching.

Tonight I'll happily settle in for women's Olympic hockey to UW basketball, maybe fitting in Parks and Rec. Happy birthday to me.

Edit: We also started watching more of the Wisconsin Channel (part of Wisconsin Public Television). Sometimes it's soothing to just look at old barns or rustic roads for 30 to 60 minutes. Plus some Wisconsin Historical Society programming is included.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

besides sports and hgtv...

monday:

house, 24, the big bang theory, men of a certain age

tuesday:

idol, *wild recon

wednesday:

idol, the middle, modern family

thursday:

idol, %fringe, *the office, *community, %fast forward

weekend:

icarly, *american dad, *the cleveland show, *family guy

% = not currently on

* i DVR these shows and watch them when i can

edit: added 2 wednesday shows

Lost and Psych are the two shows I watch all the time

I usually catch Modern Family on Hulu

I catch Chuck pretty regularly.

Outside I will catch the Office and Bones sometimes. Probably watch Scrubs reruns more than most shows though.

Must DVR:

24- Far from what it used to be, but I can't stop now.

Modern Family

Office

Parks & Rec

Watch off and on:

Idol- Watch the auditions and then tune-out until it gets down to final 12 or so. But this year I'm not sure I'll watch much anymore.

Celebrity Apprentice- Stupid show I'll end up watching when it starts new season for reasons passing understanding.

Housewives of OC- Must watch with wife, but it's so stupid it has grown on me, sorry to say.

Ax Men, Shouldn't Be Alive, Man vs Wild, Survivor Man

Travel, History, Discovery, etc channels.... whatever grabs my attention

American Pickers- Growing into a must-see, find it fascinating for some reason.

Simpsons- Reruns and new episodes

Don't watch anymore:

This topic made me realize what I DON'T watch anymore. Shows I wouldn't miss in the past.

Shouldn't Be Alive

Man vs Wild

Survivor Man

Seinfeld Reruns- Will still watch, but very seldomly.

American Chopper

Sunday: Family Guy, American Dad, anything new & animated on Adult Swim.

Monday: Chuck (Favorite show on TV), 24 (the ultimate in can't turn away / car wreck TV), Castle

Tuesday: Lost

Wednesday: stuff that's already on my TiVo, Top Chef (in-season), South Park

Thursday: Community, P-Rec, Office, 30 Rock, Burn Notice

Friday: Dollhouse (when it was on)

Saturday: SNL

Stuff that I watch when not watching other stuff:

AMtv / VH1's Nocturnal State (timeshifting = these networks actually playing music videos!)

Archer

White Collar

Law & Order (I don't tell my TiVo to record it; it just knows...)

The Closer (same here)

Leverage (also don't record, but will invariably find it on TV and leave it there)

Mythbusters

Olympic Curling (now that I have hours of it recorded, that is)

How I Met Your Mother--my favourite show and so easy to identify with the main character (he's my age and my situation). it of course has the obligatory girl-chasing character (extra funny that he's gay in real life), but i appreciate that he's more the antagonist than the protagonist.

Psych--a nice, mindless-but-entertaining show

House--they've been doing a great job of creating interesting characters for the patients that come through

Sunny In Philadelphia--a great show, but i can't remember the last time they had a new episode

NBC Thursdays

Family Guy--although this season has been so dreadful that it's fallen into the realm of "I'll watch it only if I'm bored."

Kitchen Nightmares--really enjoy seeing the way Ramsey can so-quickly identify the problems in a restaurant and know just how it can succeed. also like Hell's Kitchen (I thru-hiked with last year's winner).

On Tuesday I watch Lost. I'm still frustrated but I'm almost to the end... so I'm not stopping now.

Wednesday: Modern Family. My favorite new show.

Thursday: I also watch the holy trinity of Community, Parks and Rec, and the Office. Parks and Recreation is consistently the best show on Thursday night. I'm not into 30 Rock at all. Community is pretty hit or miss, but I'm hoping it gets better.

Monday: How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men (I hate that "Accidentally on Purpose" show, though).

Tuesday: The Office (TBS)

Wednesday: Monster Quest (when it's on and not a re-run), The Middle, Modern Family (just getting into that show), South Park

Thursday: Parks & Rec, The Office, 30 Rock. I'm not really on the Community bandwagon yet. Usually go to Dmitri and Sarah Silverman afterwards.

Friday: Nothing. Used to watch Smackdown, but am not really into wrestling anymore.

Saturday: Usually out of the house.

Sunday: Family Guy, American Dad, Cleveland Show. I can barely tolerate the Simpsons anymore, sadly. I also watch that show they have on before Simpsons now with the title that eludes me at the moment.

I also have been getting into Pawn Stars a bit lately, whenever that's on. Usually catch Adult Swim or The Daily Show on the bedroom TV.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Besides sports and Seinfeld reruns.....

Monday: How I Met Your Mother

Thursday: Parks And Recreation, The Office

Really looking forward to new seasons of True Blood, Eastbound & Down and Entourage on HBO. Should start up in summer on Sunday nights. My wife and I just finished up Heroes season 3 on DVD. If only I could view all 18 episodes of season 4 online (only the last 5 eps on NBC.com and Hulu) I could catch up before season 5 begins in fall.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Is anyone watching Damages?

Its a show no one seems to be talking about, but along with Dexter its my favorite show on TV right now.

Currently watching every week

Monday: 24, Damages and How I Met Your Mother

Thursday: Office and 30 Rock

Whenever its On:

No Reservations, Man vs Wild

Will Watch:

Dexter, Breaking Bad, The Tudors, Hung and Californication

Sunday: Makeover Home Edition, Housewives

Monday: 24, Big Bang, CSI Miami, Heroes

Wednesday: Criminal Minds, CSI New York, Top Chef

Thursday: CSI, Grey's, Private Practice, Bones

Friday and Saturday: nothing

I'm also slowly catching up on the Office. I'm wishing I was caught up, though, having seen commercials for next week, which I won't spoil for those who don't want to know what's coming (like my husband).

Thanks, dear!

My schedule:

Sunday: Deadwood (Directv 101--although I just finished it last week so I've finished the series.)

Monday: 24, Big Bang Theory, CSI:Miami, Heroes, Chuck

Wednesday: Flash Forward (when it's on), Friday Night Lights (Directv 101--but it, too, is done for the season), CSI: NY, Criminal Minds, Human Target

Thursday: Community (still not great, maybe season 2 will be funnier), Parks & Rec, The Office, Fringe

Friday: usually watch a tivoed movie from during a free-preview weekend past

Saturday: Sports, usually

Sunday: repeat cycle

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived