Brewer Fanatic

Standing Room Tickets for Opening Day?

BadgerFan

Badgerfan - I would avoid craigslist and just pick up tickets the day of the game in the parking lot. You should be able to find tickets, and you won't be supporting d-bag scalpers on craigslist. Just my 2 cents.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Badgerfan - I would avoid craigslist and just pick up tickets the day of the game in the parking lot. You should be able to find tickets, and you won't be supporting d-bag scalpers on craigslist. Just my 2 cents.

So instead you'll be supporting the respectable scalpers in the ticket re-sale zone? Can't blame someone for selling their opening day tickets to cover part of their season ticket costs. I invest about $2,000 in season tickets every year and drive from over an hour north to get to the games so if I can pay for 20% of my ticket costs to help cover gas, I just might sell my opening day tickets on craigslist. I guess that makes me a d-bag.

one year i bought 16 extra tickets after the campout and got 2 months of rent through ebay. if people are willing to pay extra that doesn't make the seller a d-bag. supply and demand will always play a factor and opening day is the biggest ticket in town this time of year.

while slightly on topic, are people camping out yet for whatever is left for opening day?

I'm not suggesting buying from scalpers at all. I should have been more clear. You can purchase tickets from individuals who have extras due to members of their group not showing up, or from people who have drank too much and no longer want to go to the game.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I'm not suggesting buying from scalpers at all. I should have been more clear. You can purchase tickets from individuals who have extras due to members of their group not showing up, or from people who have drank too much and no longer want to go to the game.
Good luck with that. Maybe back in the 90's, but for the past two years I've had to grovel around like a panhandler not scoring anything until well after the game started because I refused to pay 4-5 times face value. This year I'm going eBay or Craigslist.

I will offer almost the same info I did last year for trying to get Opening Day tickets, for anyone who may be looking:

1) Prices on stubhub aren't that bad. I haven't really looked at ebay or craigslist, but Stubhub had tickets starting at about $45-$50 each for terrace. Some of the better seats are going for over marquee face value but not by completely absurd amounts.

2) The Brewers will probably auction off the Uecker seats. It is usually a Dutch auction. Last year they sold 20 single tickets and 43 sets of 2. You just entered your max bid and the number of singles or pairs you would like to buy. They've done this the past couple of years.

3) Two years ago they let everyone who entered the lottery buy any singles/OV that were left the day before the game through an online sale. So if you entered the lottery that is another option for you, although the system will of course probably be overloaded if they do it this year. (Last year, they didn't even have enough tickets to offer through this, so who knows if this will happen this year.)

4) Also, for some reason, tickets could become available that day at the ticket windows. While it's a long shot, it never hurts to check.

5) Tickets in the scalpers' area skyrocketed at gametime last year. Someone I know got a single terrace ticket an hour before the game for $60; within a half hour of the game the same ticket was going for about $100. That said, there are more cheap tickets available now than there were at this time last year; my guess is that you'll find a good deal by waiting till game day. You may also find a random person in the resale zone reselling for a decent price - to do this, pay very close attention, though, because if anyone is selling tickets cheap the scalpers will be on them immediately.

6) Show up on gameday and, instead of buying in the resale area, find a drunk tailgater who wants to stay outside and party and who will sell you their ticket(s) for some absurdly cheap price. With more than one person that may not be so easy to do, though.

All in all, I'd wait till game day to buy tickets. That's just me though. If you want to enjoy tailgating and not worry about tickets, then by all means buy ahead of time.

1) Prices on stubhub aren't that bad. I haven't really looked at ebay or craigslist, but Stubhub had tickets starting at about $45-$50 each for terrace. Some of the better seats are going for over marquee face value but not by completely absurd amounts.

I used to sell on stubhub.com In 2008 I bought 2 - 20 game fans choice

packages mainly because of the playoff advantage and since I live in

Ohio I obviously couldn't go to all 20 games. So, the games I couldn't

go to I sold on stubhub.com. The prices are pretty reasonable, but a

little higher then face value due to the fees stubhub charges the

sellers. Sellers don't want to lose money, but also want to sell their

tickets... Some sellers sell their tickets just to get their money

back, and some to make a profit. This season I'm not going to be able

to go to all the games and I will be a seller on stubhub.com for some

games. I usually try to sell just to get my money back. I'd highly

recommend this site. It is also a partner of the Milwaukee Brewers.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

while slightly on topic, are people camping out yet for whatever is left for opening day?
zachlaka is probably there already.
Yep I was there already!!

According to the Brewers you are allowed to camp out starting at

midnight on Wednesday of the week single game tickets go on sale. So

this year it was the 24th. I got there along with two other groups at midnight!!

I was the second tent in line. It was great being there for so long

but I could have done without Wednesday with the snow and Wednesday

night with the heavy wind!! It is hard for one person to hold down a

eight person tent by himself lol.

Got my Arctic Tailgate shirt and my coupon for free soda and hot dog. Gorman Thomas and Jerry Augustine were the former brewers they

had greeting us in the front of the line. Jerry handed out some bobble

heads from last year and some of the mini '82 bobbles from '07. Don't

think any of thm were retros though. I picked up a Suppan since I didn't go to the game!! Nice to get him for free!!

Bernie and the Sausages walked through the line and tossed out some 2009 Tidal Wave Section Towels that they would pass out when you got splashed sitting

underneath Bernie's slide. Got six of them in one throw from Bernie and have no idea

what to do with them!! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gifhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

As for tickets the selection for opening day was pretty good this year

me and my friends got 12 tickets in terrace Box section 430 and 4

tickets in Terrace Box 428 I think they had a few Lodge tickets as well

I am not sure were though I was only half awake at 8:50 after staying

up all night long!! i got all my other games I wanted as well.

It helps though when you are only 15th or so in line. Everyone has

friends joinig their groups Friday night so the first group grew from

four to 15 it is common though so nothing to complain about!!

For anyone that wants a good laugh here I am being interviewd by CBS 58 Wednesday night I am the guy wearing the army boots opening up my tent and talking about my warm heart I have for the Brewers!! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gifhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

http://www.cbs58.com/index.php?aid=11333

I'm goin with Saz's like every year...Although this will probably be my last opening day with the amount of fights, public evacuation of one's various orifices and the general lack of enjoyment...Wont miss it...Not worth it..

Archived