Brewer Fanatic

Sportscenter Anchor gets pranked on air

berniebrewer4life

A Howard Stern fan pulled a fast one on Scott Van Pelt. Just a heads up, the video does mention the word "prostate", so while not offensive, i just wanted to give everybody a heads up about it.

My favorite part would have to be the "Hi Youtube". Not exactly a great week for ESPN.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Capt Jenks (the guy that pranked them) had the whole story on Stern's show yesterday. It was hilarious how it unfolded. He used an agents name in the Philly area that he googled so it wasn't even Westbrook's own agent when he called them to say Westbrook wanted to comment. He also told them he wanted to do it live so that they couldn't cut up his sound bites and misrepresent him. Unbelieveable how incompetent the screeners for ESPN were in that instance. That Westbrook impersonation was pretty awful IMO, they should have known from the start.

I guess I am the oddball here then. I love Van Pelt. Definetely the most interesting guy on Sportscenter right now. His radio show is always pretty good as well. It is a rite of passage amongst Sporscenter guys for this to happen. I Remember when Dan Patrick got punked by "Steve Bartman."

I guess I am the oddball here then. I love Van Pelt. Definetely the most interesting guy on Sportscenter right now. His radio show is always pretty good as well. It is a rite of passage amongst Sporscenter guys for this to happen. I Remember when Dan Patrick got punked by "Steve Bartman."
The Bartman one I remember pretty well. Was ESPN stupid to think that a guy covering his face in Wrigley was going to talk to ESPN?

Chill out, Scott Van Pelt. It's just a prank phone call.
I think Scott actually finds it amusing. He is a big Stern fan per the below and the show's producer Gary Del Abate.

"Since Scott Van Pelt felt the wratch of Captain Janks last night, as highlighted in today's A.M. Hot Clicks, I figured it would be interesting to get the anchor's reaction. Van Pelt, who revealed he's a Howard Stern fan and grew up listening to the legendary radio host on Washington's D.C. 101 station, said, "Many of the most respected anchors in the business, folks far more respected than me, have been on the wrong end of Howard's loyal following. Here's a little-known fact. I was on the receiving end [of a prank call] back in the day at The Golf Channel. So, I believe this places me in rarified air. How many people have twice on live TV heard the dreaded words 'Howard Stern'? I'm just bummed that my 'Hi, YouTube' comment was not caught on camera, because I knew that's where this moment was headed."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/extramustard/hotclicks/02/24/scott-van-pelt-talks-about-howard-stern-prank-call/

Archived