Brewer Fanatic

All FSWI Brewer games to be in HD!

sheethead
At least the Bucks could actually be in contention for a playoff spot during those games this season, so it doesn't bother be quite as much. They really should go to some sort of system of airing Brewers games on WMLW or some other alternate channel when there's a conflict, though.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

If the Brewers regular season ran into the beginning of basketball season would the Brewers preempt the Bucks or do the Brewers just naturally play second fiddle to the Bucks in the State of Wisconsin?
The Brewers play second fiddle to the Packers in the state, but no one outside of the Milwaukee area follows the Bucks.

If only those 15 WMLW games could be in HD too. The picture quality for those games is terrible.
If only those games would be run on FSN-WI on DirecTV. and not pre-empted for Bucks' games in the Spring.

The WMLW games are typically on the DirecTV, just not on the regular 669 channel. If you search or push the red button and check the listing under the score box it will find the WMLW game for you.

The WMLW games are worthy and salutary to the whole of the franchise. The team's place in the community is aided greatly by the fact that households without cable do not completely lack exposure to televised Brewers baseball. The problem isn't that WMLW carries games, it's that FSNWI isn't carrying these games in parallel.

(And personally, ~100,000 cable-less homes in the WMLW viewing area helped pay -- and continue to help pay -- to keep the Brewers in this state, seems selfish to complain about anything related to such a small aspect of the overall TV coverage picture.)

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I don't mind the fact that the games are on WMLW. I realize it's probably good for the Brewers' exposure in the area. I just wish there was some way for them to be simulcast in HD on FS-WI, since the games are usually simulcast on FSN anyway (at least they are on Charter where I live).

At least we're at the point where there's only five games the entire year that won't be on any TV station, period. I remember as a kid you'd get maybe a couple games a week on TV.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Screw WMLW. The picture is like trying to pick up a low signal station out of LaCrosse using rabbit ears. If we want to cater to those stuck in the stone age who don't have basic cable, then at least team up with a station that can provide a picture better than the equivalent of a public access station.

As a side note, if you don't have basic cable then you really don't care all that much about watching the Brewers on tv, IMO.

Archived