Brewer Fanatic

MLB Extra Innings/ MLB.TV / MLB At Bat / Audio

RobDeer 45
Ok, so I'm out of the Brewers market and last year just did the Audio but am looking to upgrade. How did people like these options for following the Brewers? If you buy the iPhone app can you listen on your computer too or just your phone? I think I'd like to get the MLB.TV this year but am worried about quality. Were there issues with that? Lots of questions but just looking for opinions on these options I guess.

I believe the AtBat and Audio were separate subscriptions. Both work great. Only problem with AtBat can be network/coverage issues. Make sure you are going to be in areas with decent 3G coverage. MLB.TV works great with a good internet connection, and I believe you get Audio with the subscription too. It worked great with my cable modem at home, off and on in hotels on the road.

I plan on re-upping all of the above, along with Extra Innings on DirecTV.

I have subscribed to MLB.tv for the past 2 years and I have no complaints. You need to have fast internet otherwise it won't be able to keep up. Also, I connect my cpu to my tv and the picture is still great. I would recommend spending the extra 20 bucks for the premium, but that is my preference. Lastly, mlb.tv is a on a major delay so if you have friends call you like I do at times they will call you before the batter even comes up at times.

Hope that helps! For the record I will be subscribing to mlb.tv again this year.

i had some problems with high resolution with mlbtv premium (but if you put lower standards is still enjoyable) even if i have optic fiber internet connection.

nontheless, every year it gets better, this season all brewers game will be on HD plus you can choose home or away or broadcast.

if you live outside of the USA, all playoffs games are included.

last year the condensed games (all outs/hits/walks, usually a 10 min video) were free - with no audio -, but in 2008 were in the mlbtv premium (maybe in the "normal" one too) package.

I am planning on trying MLB.tv during spring training to see if I can output it to my 58" plasma from my netbook.

Here in Chicago, Comcast charges the same amount for Extra Innings as around the rest of the country and they advertise the 40 HD games a week, but they don't actually show them. SD baseball is no good, so hopefully MLB.tv looks better...otherwise I may have to call direct TV. How Comcast can get away with that blatant false advertising is beyond me.

I had mlb.tv last year for the first time last year and I thought the service was excellent. The picture quality was surprisingly good. If you are out of market you can watch nearly all the Brewers games. If for some reason a game is blocked due to tv restrictions, or if you prefer, you can listen to Eucker on the radio because the tv package includes radio broadcasts. Sometimes the screen would freeze up and I'd have to re-launch the program, but that may have been because of my lousy old computer more so than the mlb.tv application.

If some of you prefer the premium package I am curious why? Are there any advantages besides the obvious? Personally I don't need to be able to watch four games at once, and I don't need to listen to Schroeder and Anderson every game. I actually kind of like getting the chance to listen in on other announcers around the league.

If some of you prefer the premium package I am curious why? Are there any advantages besides the obvious? Personally I don't need to be able to watch four games at once, and I don't need to listen to Schroeder and Anderson every game. I actually kind of like getting the chance to listen in on other announcers around the league.
No there are not really advantages this year besides the DVR controls (which I hope they have improved as it wasn't great last year but not horrible either) and choosing the home and away feeds. I too like to listen to the other announcers so I can do that if they are at home or away. Last year with the premium they gave you HD quality which was wonderful, but it looks like you should be getting that anyway this year. There was a noticable difference between the HD quality games vs the non HD quality games.

Those are the only differences this year. I know I don't mind it either for fantasy purposes looking into another game and not having to log out of the brewer game. That's just a personal preference though.

The Bruce - I hooked the computer directly up to my 50" plasma last ear and the HD on the tv is worse then SD broadcast quality because it has constant little glitches. Seriously if you are bothered by Comcasts claims you will not be happy with the mlb.tv at all because half the time you have to watch it in lower quality. The HD feed cuts out and glitches quite often even directly hooked up to the comcast line and on the router it's pretty tough to watch it at all.

The freezing thing that someone mentioned happened on all three of my computers and they are all pretty new and fast. It gets very frustrating at times because it doesn't just work all the time like it should. When it's working it's great but half the time you are having to close everything and open it back up etc. etc.

I had Extra Innings the past two seasons. I don't need E.I. anymore to watch Brewers games, but if I did I would go with MLB.tv instead. I don't have much experience with it (only watched a handful of games), but it seemed a lot better. You definitely need to have a fast internet connection & solid computer, but as long as you do it's a great option.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Has anyone tried streaming the MLB.tv broadcast through the PS3's web browser? I just got one over the winter, and I was hoping I'd be able to use it for ballgames instead of hooking my laptop up to the TV every time a game is on.

good idea, i'll try, stay tuned

Has anyone subscribed to both MLB.TV and NBA League Pass? I just ordered NBA League Pass and was wondering how MLB.TV compares to it. So far it's been as good as I would expect, but I'm mostly curious if MLB.TV's HD content is ACTUALLY HD quality. Thanks!

Anyone have any experience with MLB.TV, outside of the WMLW broadcast area, but within the Brewers Blackout region? Specifically, I'm looking at getting the MLB.TV monthly subscription for April, when the bucks are still on, and those WMLW games are not available outside of Milwaukee. Anybody know if MLB.tv will allow me to see those games, or will I still be blacked out?

Does MLB.TV come with a decent amount of Spring Training games? I know there aren't a whole lot that are televised anyways, but MLB.com's Spring Training schedule doesn't show ANY games with MLB.TV links associated with them right now.

I'm thinking of getting MLB.TV this season and just curious if it's worth pushing my decision early enough to get some Spring Training games. If nothing else, I guess it'd still be nice to get it for the audio feeds.

Anyone else not able to listen to old audio games anymore? I had mlb audio last year and it used to run through spring training of the next year. It still might but just last week I could listen to archives of the previous years games and now last night I couldn't. Just curious if it was an error or if they reset the subscription.

Lastly, mlb.tv is a on a major delay so if you have friends call you like I do at times they will call you before the batter even comes up at times.

I'm assuming the delay is just a couple minutes then?

I think this question fits in this thread...

I have am out of market and have an iPhone. I have had MLB.tv in the past and streamed from my laptop so I am cool with that. My question is the app that the iPhone has allows you to use your MLB audio and video account to watch and listen to games on it, but it cost $14 or so. Does anyone know if that is waived if you have a paid subscription to the video and audio or if that is a seperate cost?

For the iPhone MLB at Bat 2010 app, it looks like they took a step backward in a few areas

• You got free live video for (out of market) games around halfway through the season. This year, you need to purchase an MLB.tv subscription as well. You need to purchase both
  • The upped price is now the same price as traditional Gameday radio access. Last year, the iPhone app was actually less

Has anyone tried streaming the MLB.tv broadcast through the PS3's web browser? I just got one over the winter, and I was hoping I'd be able to use it for ballgames instead of hooking my laptop up to the TV every time a game is on.

good idea, i'll try, stay tuned

Search around on the internet. There are a couple of free ways to do it, but doesn't sound like a very viable option really. I plan to just hook my netbook right up to my plasma and watch it that way.

I moved to Tucson, AZ in 2006 and have used MLB.TV since then. I like it. It was nice because I could use both audio and tv. A lot of times I was at work, so I could still use it. If I purchased the Extra Inning from DirecTV I would harldy get to use it. MLB.TV lets you choose which set of broadcasters you want also. It improves each year. The only thig to worry about is which games you a blacked out from. Tucson is the Diamondbacks, Padres, and maybe one other team. The diamond backs I get with the normal Cable package though. If you live in an area with many teams blacked out, you may not like the package so much.

Also you can go back on watch previous games any time you want.

I still wish I could just order FSN-WI, but it just isn't that easy.

Anyway, I am just adding another endorsement for MLB.TV. Just watch out for blackouts.

Archived