Brewer Fanatic

Another GW Guy

coach32sm
No not about Angel, although he is doing great so far and feeling great. We are pleased to announce another GW grad (Henry Villar)who actually pitched Angel's senior year 2004 was just given a ML contract. Amazing for a 150 pound guy (soaking wet) who played A ball last year was put on the 40 man during the winter and after 3 days of Spring Training was aded to the Astros pitching rotation. Expect to see a whole bunch more in the next few years, they're coming on strong and our young guys are the best bunch ever!!!! Hope you get to see Angel this Spring and report back to me as to what you see. Our season starts in a few weeks so I wont get to see him this Spring, I might see his new born before he does.

Actually as a starter. He gets up to 94 and great Maddox like control. When he gets bigger and stronger he'll hit upper 90's. He's good. We have another one now, a junior who will explode onto the national scene this summer as he will be playing with Bobby Valentine's All american team with another of our Soph. studs. I will be coaching that team for a short while in between Team USA stuff, my local New york Nine and Europe stuff.
I sure hope Henry is read for the show, he seems quite raw and a little untested, but when you throw strikes and have command, it helps a heap.!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived