Brewer Fanatic

Top five prospects you want to succeed in 2010

paul253

The top five that I want to succeed in 2010 are:

1) Jeremy Jeffress - He really needs to show something this and stay away from Mary Jane.

2) Lorenzo Cain - He needs to bounce back and show why he was so hyped last year before getting injured.

3) Angel Salome - Again needs to bounce back from an injury year and show why he can be an elite hitter.

4) Caleb Gindl - Can he reproduce those power numbers in AA?

5) Mat Gamel - The real deal or all hype?

My Top 5

1. Brett Lawrie - The best middle infield hitting prospect in baseball.

2. Jeremy Jeffress - As an avid proponent of responsible intoxicant use, I'm happy he has come to the realization that right or wrong, it is detrimental to his career to continue to be irresponsible.

3. Brooks Hall - Good to know I'm not the only one completely enamored with our new RHP and his phenomenal arm.

4. Angel Salome - Stout Power. It worked for Prince Fielder... I just want to see him get his BA back to .300+. And I want to quit hearing about his defensive inefficiencies.

5. Chuck Lofgren - Would really like to see him re-establish some success and confidence with a new organization. Outside of Russell the Muscle, we've gotten very little from the Tribe for loaning them our beloved announcer for their baseball movie. At least "Mr. 3000" gave us a glimpse of what will happen to our clubhouse if and when Prince leaves (allowing for Ryan Braun to take on a "Rex Pennebaker-personal). Honestly, this kid could be really good and unless Braddock gets stretched out, we have nothing in the way of slingin' southies with starter potential.

Bonus Round - 6. Ryan "Scooter McGrooter" Gennett - Along with Brooks Hall, this young gent's signing really excited me this past year. His bat will carry him, much like another of our young MI prospects (though there is little chance he gets moved off one of the two MI positions, unlike LeBat Blue)

4. Angel Salome - Stout Power. It worked for Prince Fielder... I just want to see him get his BA back to .300+. And I want to quit hearing about his defensive inefficiencies.

If Coach Steve is to be trusted (I think he is), you'll stop hearing about it this season. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

LeBat Blue

This... I like this a lot!
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

ILuvDaBush wrote:

Bonus Round - 6. Ryan "Scooter McGrooter" Gennett - Along with Brooks Hall, this young gent's signing really excited me this past year. His bat will carry him, much like another of our young MI prospects (though there is little chance he gets moved off one of the two MI positions, unlike LeBat Blue)

He was the one guy I wanted to put on my list but just couldn't. After getting Hall, then Gennett and Howell...I was just giddy last year. Gennett was a guy everyone thought would be a top 60-90 pick last spring and much higher on many other lists. I think there is the chance we hit pretty big on this one.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Wow -- when I looked at Nate82's I thought he was reading my mind --- my five

1. Jeffress

2. Rogers

3. Cain

4. Gamel

5. Salome or Lucroy -- just one the catchers

Obviously all upper level players, but that's what I'm hoping for, this next 'wave' to produce. We can wait a year or two on the '07-'09 picks (OK Lucroy was an '07 pick), we need the '04-'06 picks to step up.

My top five would go like this:

1. Zach Braddock: This guy has been putting it up, and has a certain "magic" about him when you see him pitch...he's still young, but it's his turn!

2. Angel Salome: Make it or break it time.....he's had the bat, I think it's time to give him a chance.

3. Jeremy Jeffress: Too much of a talent to give up on

4. Steffan Wilson: Hitter that has been forgotten for the most part, I think he'll be just fine

5. Caleb Gindl: Solid player top to bottom, he cuts down on the k's and watchout!!

5. Chuck Lofgren - Would really like to see him re-establish some success and confidence with a new organization. Outside of Russell the Muscle, we've gotten very little from the Tribe for loaning them our beloved announcer for their baseball movie. At least "Mr. 3000" gave us a glimpse of what will happen to our clubhouse if and when Prince leaves (allowing for Ryan Braun to take on a "Rex Pennebaker-personal). Honestly, this kid could be really good and unless Braddock gets stretched out, we have nothing in the way of slingin' southies with starter potential.

Don't Richie Sexson and Jeromy Burnitz count? A couple of pretty nice additions to the Brewers in their "glory" years!
Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Jake Odorizzi - Just have a nice year, and show progress, added maturity

Mark Rogers - Make it impossible for the big club to not call you up at the all star break

Matt Gamel - Put together a solid year in AAA, so they have you in their plans in '11

Lo Cain - Same as Rogers

Salome/Lucroy - or any other catcher we have in the system - Somebody break out with a big year - PLEASE!

Amaury Rivas - the closest thing to starting help the team has

Zach Braddock - stay healthy big fella

Jonathan Lucroy - as noted by plenty of others, the Brewers need a young catcher that can hit

Mark Rogers - hopefully he takes another step forward this year

Nick Bucci - the Brewers have raved about this kid, he could move quick

The last spot came down to Bucci and Jake Odorizzi. It's pretty much about pitching for me, since the big-league team needs to start grooming a lot more internal options.

I'll go with a few sleeper types that haven't been mentioned much:

Chris Dennis - dominated in Wisconsin before getting injured

Dan Merklinger - put up some nice numbers between A and A+ last year

Cody Adams - hopefully he comes back strong from his suspension

Mike Jones - I have no idea what to expect from Mike, but it would be great if he earned a look in Milwaukee

for #5, I can't decide between Brent Brewer, Chuck Lofgren, Chris Cody, Efrain Nieves, or R.J Seidel

Here are my picks in no certain order. I'll call it the All Arizona Team.

1. Mike Jones

2. Erik Miller

3. Khris Davis

4. Austin Sockfish

5. Maverick Lasker

6. Brett Whiteside

A special bonus pick for my favorite Canadian.

Brock Kjeldgaard

Need to add one more to my list of Arizona players I would like to see succeed. Don't know how I missed him because he has a great chance at being the first one of the bunch to make it to the show.

Eric Ferris - Future Nashville starting second baseman.

My top five:

1. Mark Rogers
2. Mike Fires
3. Brandon Ritchie
4. Hiram Burgos
5. Brandon Kitzler

Except for Rogers all are "under the radar" and if successful would add greatly to the pitching depth. Sixth and seventh choices are Chad Robinson and Corey Frerichs.

My Top Five:

1. Cameron Garfield- I just like the thought of having 3 good catching prospects.

2. Nic Bucci- He could really make some moves this year if he is consistent and continues to improve. I think with a good first 3/4 he could get up to AA at the end of the year.

3. Wily Peralta- If he cuts down his walks and develops a changeup, watch out. He could be in the rotation by the end of next year if what I stated in the first sentence comes true.

4. Mark Rogers- He was the first draft pick of the first Brewers draft I ever really followed and I just have a feeling he is going to make an impact.

5. Kentrail Davis- Like Rickie Weeks and Ryan Braun before him, I think he could be another early round college that gets to the bigs in a hurry and if hits well this year and is serviceable in the outfield.

• 4 months later...
Since the minor league seasons are winding down, I thought I'd bring up this thread to see how everyone's players are doing. My original five had some mixed results. Lorenzo Cain obviously had a monstrous year and exceed expectations. Lawrie really surprised me by having such a successful season in Huntsville. Rogers is having a good season so far too, though I'd still like to see fewer walks. Taylor Green is do alright, nothing spectacular, but enough to earn himself a promotion to Nashville next season. Arnett? Well....I won't even touch that one.

Archived