Brewer Fanatic

New "Milwaukee" alternate road jersey unveiled

Invader3K
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is disappointing, I was hoping for Milwaukee on the greys for so long and all the rumors got my hopes up. An alternate for both home and away seems overboard.

It's a step in the right direction though. Hopefully if these are popular with the fans then the team will make the move on the Greys as well.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Do we actually know for sure that the main road (gray) jersey still going to read "Brewers" across the chest?

I'm glad they made this change, but I hope it's for all road jerseys.

I'm pretty sure they said they weren't changing the gray ones for the time being.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quick thoughts:

- I hate the old powder blues. I was SO glad when they got rid of 'em just before Randolph arrived as a player. I hope they don't ever return.

- Love the old logo, though, but wish we'd see it in the current colors (which I like tons better).

- Love the fact that, in spite of all the enthusiam for the ball/glove M/B logo, the current logo is still the primary.

Finally, regarding "Milwaukee" on the road alts vs. "Brewers" on the regular roads? Much ado about nothing. Total non-news to me. Blah. The Twins do the same thing & no one cares (& for that matter, most folks here never noticed) -- esp. since they have 6 different official uniform variations.

Eh, just wear powder blues with "Milwaukee" and keep the 40th anniversary patch.

Am I the only one who hates the powder blue?

I don't know, I love the Powder blues in all sports. The older Brewers Powder Blue, the Chargers Powder Blue(probably the best) and the Nuggest powder Blues.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Love that there is at least one jersey option, but wish they would have just changed the gray road jersey. Adding another jersey into the mix just seems like a way to sell more merchandise.

And since the starting pitcher gets to choose which jersey the team wears, how often are we actually going to see this? I do remember hearing that the alt jersey was cooler in the summer months, so hopefully we'll see this a lot.

To me, nothing says classic baseball jersey more then a road gray with the name of the locale in script lettters.

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/images/al_1985_milwaukee.gif

Can anyone explain to me why in the 70's and 80's every team and their mother adopted powder blue as one of their colors? I love it! Twins, Phils, Royals, Brewers, Cards....... Powder blue must have been the old gray.

I really do like the Brewers powder blue but just every once and awhile. Same with their pinstripes. I really do like the new alt jersey but agree, it would look great in gray.

I also wonder what the ball and glove logo would look like in current colors. That would be awesome to have an alternate hat but I'm having trouble picturing what it would look like. If anyone is a wiz with photo shop you should do one up!

Can anyone explain to me why in the 70's and 80's every team and their mother adopted powder blue as one of their colors? I love it! Twins, Phils, Royals, Brewers, Cards....... Powder blue must have been the old gray.
The 70's were the Dark Days of Fashion.

Don't like the state of Wisconsin behind the M on the sleeve. But the Milwaukee is absolutely awesome. Save me from powder blue though. It makes everyone look, well, you know...like they're from North Carolina--sure, that's what I mean, North Carolina.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Why did every pro team in every pro sport adopt purple or teal in the 90's? D-Back, Rockies, Marlins, Carolina Panthers, Jacksonville Jags, Charlotte Hornets, etc. etc.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I also wonder what the ball and glove logo would look like in current

colors. That would be awesome to have an alternate hat but I'm having

trouble picturing what it would look like. If anyone is a wiz with

photo shop you should do one up!

I had this old photo that I created several years ago when we were having the same discussion. I would still love to see the Brewers adopt this concept.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/AJAY_02/ModernUniformConcept.jpg

I've seen teams wear alternate caps, but I'm not sure if a different cap means it's an alternate uniform altogether. For example, I remember the Cards wearing an alternate blue cap with red brim on Sundays with no other noticeable uniform changes, but I think it may count as their alternate home uniform.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Alternate caps definitely appear to be ok. Aside from alternate caps that go with alternate uniforms (like the classic ball & glove caps), I know at least the Orioles have an alternate cap --

http://www.paragonsports.com/images/medium/224-5950p-oriolesa_alternateoriole_pd.jpg

EDIT: crewcrazy might be right, though. I have no idea if this cap is only worn with an alternate uniform or not.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Just for fun, I made a photo showing "Milwaukee" on the road jersey. This is what I really wish the team would adopt as their new road jersey. In my opinion, it brings back the old nostalgic feelings while also managing to keep a contemporary touch.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/AJAY_02/ModernUniformConcept2.jpg

I never really cared that much about the road jerseys not saying "Milwaukee," but now that I see one, I think it looks pretty sharp.

I also would like to see an alternate cap with a ball-and-glove logo in the current colors, for purely selfish reasons. Personally, I don't think the updated logo would look good with the script-style lettering on the front of the jersey. I'd rather the team stick with the "M" but sell me the aforementioned hat.

Archived