Brewer Fanatic

Autograph Fridays for kids

jjkoestler

My only concern is that the kids will be used as pawns for collectors to get the autographs now.
Yeah, but that's been going on for years regardless of "Autograph Fridays".

I think this is a good move, based on some of the stories I heard about these events in the past. I personally don't really care about getting autographs first hand.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

It really doesn't matter to me that the Brewers changed this as I haven't been to an autograph friday event in years. I just see this move as the team is popular now because they are winning. Or, at least a reasonable chance to win. Back to back years of 3 million fans seems to give the Brewers organization amnesia of how things were 5- 7 plus years ago. Years ago, on a Friday, it was hard to draw fans. The Brewers used autograph Fridays as one of the ways to draw people into the stadium.

When the alumni sign, does anyone really think there will be kids 14 and under lining up for Jeff Cirillo and Greg Vaughn? Bob Wickman or Jim Colburn?

I wish they would have a similar policy at Spring Training. The grown men with their binders of cards are just over the top and have no qualms about pushing children aside to get their prize.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived