Brewer Fanatic

Dustin Nippert

MLBtraderumors had a list of all guys with under 5 years service time who are out of options. Most figure to make their respective teams but some won't. Nippert's a guy who would draw interest if he were put on waivers, but they'd probably be able to deal him if it appeared they had no room for him.

If u dump Suppan then u do.

That would be great, but you have to find a GM willing to take that contract. With other pitchers signing such low contracts this year, I don't see why anyone would take that contract. Unless you mean, Doug should just cut him? But I don't see them doing that either. Would be great though, but doesn't he make like 13 or 14% of the payroll? Hate to say it, but I don't think that Suppan is going anywhere. I personally would trade him for a six-pack and a couple baseball bats, but that might be too steep for some teams too (Depending on what kind of beer).

I don't see where they'd have room.

Gallardo, Wolfe, Bush, Davis, Suppan, Parra, Narveson, Hawkins, Hoffman, Stetter, Coffee, Villanueva, Vargas

That's 13 already.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

He doesn't excite me very much. His velocity has dropped the past 2 seasons, he's never had great control. He had a 1.86 ERA as a RP last year and that is probably his future role but that came with a .228 BABIP and only a 1.57 K/BB so I don't think that was some sort of huge breakout.

• 1 month later...
He doesn't excite me very much. His velocity has dropped the past 2 seasons, he's never had great control. He had a 1.86 ERA as a RP last year and that is probably his future role but that came with a .228 BABIP and only a 1.57 K/BB so I don't think that was some sort of huge breakout.

It has, but that's a bit mis-leading.

He started more games last year than he had previously in his career.

His average velocity is in line with his first two years of his 5 year career. But when you start 10 games(0 and 6 in the previous two years respectively) it's not out of line to think he may see a drop in velocity.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Archived