Brewer Fanatic

2010 Vancouver Olympics

Jimbo
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is that the coaches' fault? Isn't that 100% on the skater?

It is, but if a base runner runs when the coach tells him to, even under stupid circumstances, it's kind of on the runner as well. In situations like that, however, most people trust their coaches, just like the skater did.

It is, but if a base runner runs when the coach tells him to, even under stupid circumstances, it's kind of on the runner as well. In situations like that, however, most people trust their coaches, just like the skater did.

I hadn't seen any footage until tonight... totally my fault. This was absolutely on the coach.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

paul253]So much for that idea. I was really rooting for Russia, mainly because I don't want the US to have to play Canada again for the gold medal. Now I'm rooting for Sweden.
I didn't want to see either Sweden or Canada, but Slovakia I'm okay with. I can't believe how well Slovakia has played after completely falling off the map over the past five years, falling to ninth behind Switzerland and Belaurus, neither of whom have near the NHL talent that the Slovaks have. It's just a matter of whether or not Jaroslav Halak can keep the Canadians out of the net.

I'm so into the men's hockey team that I listened to the game vs Swiss on the radio at work and I am taking a half day tomorrow so a buddy and I can go watch it at a bar. Hope they make it worth while by winning and advances to the gold medal game Sunday.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Lee Ho Suk....All I can think of is Werewolves of London..

Going to get himself a big dish of beef chow mein....Owwooooo....Werewolves of London.

Yes...I know, it Lee Ho Fook in the song.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Lee Ho Suk....All I can think of is Werewolves of London..
Ohmygod, thank you. I've heard that guy's name two or three times over the course of the olympics and I think of Zevon each time. Thought I was the only one.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Not looking good for US hockey down 2-zip

Edit: Apparently I just needed to say something...2-1 Canada

Edit 2: US ties it with a few seconds left!!!! What a game!!

Edit 3: What a heartbreaker...still probably one of the best hockey games that I've seen in a long time (maybe ever)

yep, heck of a hockey game. Too bad the U.S. could do nothing with their power plays early on in the game.

Most of the game reminded me of a video game--minus the outrageous scoring.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

A great game....very fun to watch. Even though I am very pro-USA, being a Penguins fan, it didnt really kill me as much to see Crosby win it.

Anyone else notice how important of roles Wisconsin athletes played in that game? Heatly, Rafalski, Suter, Pavelski........very cool

Final thoughts to wrap things up:

Anyone who poo-poos women's hockey because checking isn't allowed should have watched the USA v CAN game. No body checking doesn't mean no body contact.

Kind of an odd way for NBC to exit the Closing Ceremony. Just fade out and jump into a new program they're hyping, just to come back an hour later and show the rest tape delayed.

I'm just now getting it that IOC is trying to re-invent the Olympics to draw in younger people. Much prime time coverage of X-Games type stuff that little history and no one over 30 has played. As a result, I perceive alpine skiing and speed skating had coverage cut back although bobsled appears the same. I guess more people now prefer to see people doing flips, turns and NASCAR like stuff as opposed to people racing against the clock.

Kind of an odd way for NBC to exit the Closing Ceremony. Just fade out and jump into a new program they're hyping, just to come back an hour later and show the rest tape delayed.

"Odd" isn't the word I'd use. Crass, insulting, and flatout disrespectful would be words I'd use.

Robert

"Odd" isn't the word I'd use. Crass, insulting, and flatout disrespectful would be words I'd use.

At least The Marriage Ref was funny, though

Good grief... that show was even worse than I'd expected -- and I'd expected "bad"

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

A great game....very fun to watch. Even though I am very pro-USA, being a Penguins fan, it didnt really kill me as much to see Crosby win it.

Anyone else notice how important of roles Wisconsin athletes played in that game? Heatly, Rafalski, Suter, Pavelski........very cool

Don't forget Phil Kessel who was from Madison. Plus, the women's team had seven Wisconsin girls including the goalie and the coach Mark Johnson who played at Wisconsin and now coaches the girls program at Wisconsin.

So is figure skating geared towards those under 30? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
I wouldn't classify figure skating as X-Games. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

It wasn't figure skating that was on though. It was ice dancing, you know, the sport like figure skating for less athletic people.

I know this is an old post, but its been bugging me. What exactly is the point of having ice dancing AND figure skating? As far as I can tell, the above description is exactly right - figure skating for less athletic people. To me, this would be like putting men's slow-pitch-with-keg-on-second-base softball in the Olympics. Or better yet, bumper curling.

Archived