Brewer Fanatic

2010 Vancouver Olympics

Jimbo
And anything where scoring involves both time and judging needs to be thrown out. As much as I hate judging, I get the history and tradition of it, but pick time or judging for determining medals, not both.
That really doesn't make any sense for a sport like moguls.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Definitely excited for the hockey game tonight. I love watching the curling too, but its been awfully frustrating watching the US teams this olympics. I could personally watch the US women's team all day because I have a ridiculous crush on one of the curlers (I'll let you guys figure out which one) but it seems like their final curlers are missing a TON of shots. The US could have had a 2-0 lead vs Canada today but the girl missed the shot and it was all down hill from there. And the men lost their first 4 games on last shot misses. It reminds me of watching Marquette blow game after game because they couldn't make free throws.

I'll echo you three -- not big into hockey aside from the fact that I love seeing UW hockey in person. I have a basic understanding of the game, but nothing special. I'm super-excited for the game tonight http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Today has been great for me. I'm currently watching the Admirals game which started at 4. By the time that game is done, the US/Canada game should just be starting. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

All I can say is WOW I LOVE OLYMPIC HOCKEY!

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

My buddies and I are having a discussion about the USA win over Canada so I thought I pose the same question to the BF community. What is bigger news? A USA win, or a Canada loss?
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Ryan Miller is a tremendous goaltender. That is all I have to say. He's been amazing for the Sabres this year and he was amazing in this game.

He had me up off my seat numerous times tonight. What an amazing win -- outshot 45 to 22, but fortunately we blocked off our net with a heaping serving of awesome. I still can't believe Canada didn't come up with the equalizer in that flurry on the US end prior to Kesler's empty-netter.

Ed Olczyk said it best. Tonight's game was "tremendously tremendous"
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I see the American ski coach is the same. You can hear him in the start house.

If they would have put that hockey game on NBC on prime time, it would have been a ratings flop. People want to see figure skating, and they want to see the other sports. Remember that figure skating is the second most watched televised sport. I believe NHL playoff games are lucky to get 2.0 ratings. I wanted to catch the hockey game, but other things came up and I only saw the final seven minutes.

The Canada loss for sure. I mean its on their money for god's sake. Hockey is arguably the fourth most popular sport in the US. Its nice to see but nowhere near the meaning down here than it means up there.
I think much lower than 4th. In addition to the big 3, I would say stock car racing and golf are definitely more popular. Tennis, open wheel racing and soccer have a case too. Then there are things where if there's a big event, there will be a lot of interest but it's hard to gauge just how popular they are overall like mma, boxing, figure skating, other olympic events, etc.

Archived