Brewer Fanatic

BPro top 11 Brewers prospects.

Ennder

Pay site so I can't post everything, here are the top 11 though. They don't think much of the system with only one 5 star and one 4 star and a 2 star making the top 11. That is very weak.

Five-Star Prospects

1. Alcides Escobar, SS

Four-Star Prospects

2. Brett Lawrie, 2B

Three-Star Prospects

3. Mat Gamel, 3B

4. Wily Peralta, RHP

5. Cody Scarpetta, RHP

6. Jon Lucroy, C

7. Eric Arnett, RHP

8. Kyle Heckathorn, RHP

9. Kentrail Davis, OF

10. Angel Salome, C

Two-Star Prospects

11. Logan Schafer, OF

I was more than a little surprised by Gomez's placement in the all 25 and under list. I assume Braun would be #2 if he were younger.

1. Prince Fielder, 1B

2. Yovani Gallardo, RHP

3. Alcides Escobar, SS

4. Carlos Gomez, CF

5. Brett Lawrie, 2B

6. Mat Gamel, 3B

7. Wily Peralta, RHP

8. Cody Scarpetta, RHP

9. Jon Lucroy, C

10. Eric Arnett, RHP

I didn't get the feeling that Goldstein felt the system was weak more so than a bit unknown at this point. He made reference towards the end about guys needing to take steps forward and I think we can all agree with that. The potential impact arms in the system are in the lower rungs and thus far haven't been able to show a lot (he referenced Peralta's opportunity this year to "escape" from the tandem pitching system).

It was discouraging reading his analysis of Lawrie and Gamel, essentially stating that it's a given that both will need to move off their current positions. He called Lawrie "downright awful" defensively and Gamel "sloppy" and "just a plain bad third baseman". I don't think Gamel embarrassed himself defensively during his brief big league stint, I was actually somewhat encouraged. I haven't seen Lawrie play, but I really hope he can stick at 2nd.

I agree with you on Gamel, Scooter. I got the sense he just needs more playing time at 3B. I think he could stick there, but it ultimately wouldn't surprise me if he gets moved to 1B or RF...but it's going to be due to a vacancy, and not due to his defensive deficiencies.

I haven't read enough on Lawrie to know much about his defense yet.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived