Brewer Fanatic

Washing a Ball cap

Dragonbait

i just put mine in the top rack of a dishwasher.

Don't do this with a colored had. I put in a light red one and it came out more pink-ish. Hot water is not good for colors.

I think just soak them in the sink with a little bit of laundry soap for a few hours should do the trick. Use a spray laundry stain remover on sweat stains around the brim.

yeah, there is a plastic ball cap "container" thingy that you can wash hats in your dishwasher, I believe. I used to have one.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but just about every year I'll buy a new Brewers hat (the regular New Era 5950 model) to replace my old dingy one. It makes me, in my own way, feel like a part of the team. The players all get new hats every year, so why shouldn't I. Plus, it's interesting to see the wear and tear from just one season of wearing it just about daily as a fan vs. as a player. One year isn't so bad. It's the 2nd season that I try to push on a hat that becomes semi-disgusting.

Just last month, I finally threw away my '05-'06 model as well as my '07-'08 hat. Man, they were scuzzy. I don't know why I was hanging onto them.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I spray laundry pre-treat all over the hat, and then take a dish brush to the band and sweaty areas. Then I put it under running warm water wash and keep brushing until the water runs pretty clear. If I can, I let it dry on my head, or else I dry it upside-down with the bill curved into a cup to keep its form.

yeah, there is a plastic ball cap "container" thingy that you can wash hats in your dishwasher, I believe. I used to have one.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but just about every year I'll buy a new Brewers hat (the regular New Era 5950 model) to replace my old dingy one. It makes me, in my own way, feel like a part of the team. The players all get new hats every year, so why shouldn't I. Plus, it's interesting to see the wear and tear from just one season of wearing it just about daily as a fan vs. as a player. One year isn't so bad. It's the 2nd season that I try to push on a hat that becomes semi-disgusting.

Just last month, I finally threw away my '05-'06 model as well as my '07-'08 hat. Man, they were scuzzy. I don't know why I was hanging onto them.

I usually pick a new one up every year to 18 months. I wear mine A LOT, so they wear out quickly.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41J6MJG1W2L._SL500_AA250_.jpg

I wash mine by hand, in the sink. A little detergent, let it soak in warm water for a bit, then rinse until the water runs clear. Let it dry on my head so it conforms and fits.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I would never wash a hat, I generally won't wear a hat out until it has 6-12 months of wear and tear on it. I like my hats to look like they have seen better days. To me it shows how long you have been following the club. As a sidenote a great way to break in a hat and stretch it out is to wet the bill and lining and microwave it for 30 seconds, it will formfit you head in a few times.

Archived