Brewer Fanatic

MLB 10 The Show/MLB 2K10

Viva La Grinch
I had '07 and '08 on PS2 and they were fine. I think there may be a couple features and modes you will be missing from the PS3 version, but for the $25 or whatever the PS2 version is, it's not a bad deal. Obviously the graphics and sound aren't on par with the PS3 version.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After thinking about it more I may just have to bite the bullet and get a PS3 rather than a PS2 version of the Show. I heard you can add your own at-bat music... which is AWESOME. Can anyone confirm this? How does that work... do you have to edit down the songs on your computer so it will play the specific 10 second clip of the song or can you actually do it in the game? That would be impressive.

After thinking about it more I may just have to bite the bullet and get a PS3 rather than a PS2 version of the Show. I heard you can add your own at-bat music... which is AWESOME. Can anyone confirm this? How does that work... do you have to edit down the songs on your computer so it will play the specific 10 second clip of the song or can you actually do it in the game? That would be impressive.

If I remember correctly with last years version you can use a whole song and edit where it starts. Though it is rather time consuming I had all of the Brewers walk up music last year for the show edited into my game.

Maybe this isn't news to anyone, but a guy threw a perfect game less than 24 hours after 2K Sports announced their contest. He won $1M. He claims to have never played the game before picking up the demo in preparation for the game's release & this contest.

http://kotaku.com/5532947...-gamer-starting-a-family

"Before this, I was playing the other games where you're just mashing buttons," said Wade. MLB 2K10 uses a right analog stick gesture to execute pitches. "That was one of the things that intrigued me about it. I downloaded the demo about two weeks before the contest and was able to get some practice in."
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Been playing The Show '10 on PS2 the last few weeks. IMO it's basically indistinguishable from '09, except for the rosters.

A few of the ratings are a little off. Gamel, as mentioned above, is vastly underrated. Suppan, as always, is completely overrated. In each of the last few editions of the game, I've flirted with perfect games with Soup, but nobody else really. The speed ratings are a little off too. According to the Show, JJ Hardy is just as fast as Ryan Braun. The Yankees are just too good...something like 28-8 at this point in the season. Jeter and Posada especially are given WAY to much credit.

One feature I really like is the video intro. Different versions of it show highlights from the crazy year that was '09, including Buehrle's perfect game, Willingham's two Salamis against the Crew, and Fielder's awesome celebration after the walkoff.

I've been playing a season in The Show on PS3. There are a couple of things that really irritate me about it. For one, the shadows. It's cool that they went into so much detail, but it's really annoying playing day games at Miller Park and having the mound be so dark you can barely see the pitcher, especially if he is wearing a dark blue or black jersey. Also, the defense. It just seems to go so slow. Like a ground ball that should be a routine double play is either much closer than it should be or the guy is safe at first because it takes too long. Does anyone else think the defense is too slow?

Archived