Brewer Fanatic

MLB 10 The Show/MLB 2K10

Viva La Grinch

The power swing has always seemed to be mostly useless to me.

So far I like the game. The graphics seem slighly sharper than last year's game, but maybe it's just me or my TV. I still kind of suck at hitting, but I think I just need more practice and to play with the sliders a bit. The fielding seems slightly different from last year's game for some reason.

Haven't played RTTS yet...will probably try that tomorrow.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I usually can crush using the power swing. The problem is I usually don't keep guys like Escobar or Gomez on my team since they lack power. My offense is pretty strong using the power swing with guys that can swing for power. I guess I should just use the contact for Escobar and Gomez and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a PS3 and the show. I last played a baseball game on ps2 about 5 years ago. Just bought a HDTV as well. I'm in heaven obviously. I had a crappy old 32" tube tv and never owned HD anything.

Anyway, I figure I have to wait for franchise or season because the final rosters won't be out until the season starts I think. They did an update I saw on March 8th, but no idea when the next one is coming out.

This game is sick.

I just bought a PS3 and the show. I last played a baseball game on ps2 about 5 years ago. Just bought a HDTV as well. I'm in heaven obviously. I had a crappy old 32" tube tv and never owned HD anything.

Anyway, I figure I have to wait for franchise or season because the final rosters won't be out until the season starts I think. They did an update I saw on March 8th, but no idea when the next one is coming out.

This game is sick.

In case you want the most realistic rosters possible, with real Minor League players, not made up ones. There is a guy that does all the rosters on Operationsports.com every year. The rosters are always very good, and usually done by opening day. It's nice to be able to play with real prospects.

I'm not a huger gamer, BUT I still play my EA MVP 05 game for Gamecube on my Wii console and wouldn't mind updated rosters and players. A lot has changed since 2005, you know... I had to create 15+ guys just to have the 2010 Brewers team.

So this thread is making me want to get a PS3 just for The Show and maybe for the Blu-Ray and Internet extras. Is the $300 model the cheapest version you can get? How much memory do you really need to play The Show and maybe another couple of games at one time? Is The Show way way better than MVP 05? I realize it's an old game and the graphics aren't even close... but I think it was the best baseball game ever made for awhile.

Sorry... not a big gamer and you guys seem to know the answers to these questions.

The PS3 is an amazing piece of hardware, even if you don't play games a lot. The ability to stream movies and music, play Blu-rays (the quality of the BD player and DVD up-conversion are considered excellent), download new games and updates, etc. It's a pretty good value at $300. I am actually considering getting a second PS3 eventually, and moving the current one upstairs for our bedroom TV (so we can watch Blurays up there if we want).
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

The PS3 is an amazing piece of hardware, even if you don't play games a lot. The ability to stream movies and music, play Blu-rays (the quality of the BD player and DVD up-conversion are considered excellent), download new games and updates, etc. It's a pretty good value at $300. I am actually considering getting a second PS3 eventually, and moving the current one upstairs for our bedroom TV (so we can watch Blurays up there if we want).
If you just want another blu ray player for upstairs, you can find them for around $100 at certain stores.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to share that I just played an amazing game on "The Show". Decided to do franchise mode as the Brewers, and got to Opening Day (I played a few spring training games, then simmed the rest). Gallardo went only 6 IP, but had 10 K's, only surrendering 4 hits and 2 walks. Jimenez was also "on", surrendering only a handful of hits and no runs. Tulowitzski hit a huge Sexson-esque 2 run bomb in the 7th to dead center field, and things looked bleak. I managed to push across two runs on an Edmonds triple, and Latroy Hawkins did solid work out of the bullpen, followed by Coffey. Finally, in the 10th inning, Zaun hit a solo home run with two outs to get the win.

Zaun seems to be a beast when I play...Braun always struggles for some reason. Braun didn't get a hit on Opening Day for me...but every out he recorded was on a bullet line drive.

that's funny 'cause when I play 2k10 (PC) it's the same for me. Braun can't do jack most of the time while Zaun is walking all the time and ripping doubles left-and-right.

Maybe I'm not as patient with Braun as I am with Zaun.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

haha, I play 2k10 and Zaun is a beast in my season too, along with Prince and Counsell. Counsell seems to be ridiculously good since I get at 2 hits a game with him while I had to bench Weeks because I just can't get a hit with him.

• 3 weeks later...
Either my Show game just had a glitch, or they incorporated guys losing balls in the sun into this game. I am playing an afternoon game in Washington bathed in sunlight. I hit a ball to left field and Willingham went back, slowed, looked up kind of like he didn't know where the ball was and the ball landed a good 10 feet behind him. I had a good laugh at that one.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I tried the Show 2010 and actually beat my friend that owned it 9-4. I think that's because it uses the same "meters" type of play as MVP 05 and I played a lot of that beforehand.

Anyway, I want this game pretty bad, but can't justify spending $400 just to play it. I'm hoping for a PS3 pricedrop before Christmas. May not happen, but I doubt I can find a used PS3 anywhere.

I just saw that the Show 2010 came out for the Playstation 2 also. I think I may just drop the $80 it would cost to get a used Playstation 2 along with the game rather than pay $400 for better graphics. I play MVP 05 on the gamecube right now so I don't think the graphics will bother me. This is a long shot, but has anyone played it for the PS2?

I haven't purchased '10, but I still play '09 from time to time on my PS2. Just played a game tonight, actually. The game is nothing compared to the PS3 version, but if you're used to Gamecube, I think you'll like it just fine.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I meant graphics-wise. I can't comment on anything else, since the only time I've played '10 on PS3 was on a demo at Best Buy http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived