Brewer Fanatic

Bedard re-signs with M's

EdgarDiazRocks

The AL West race might come down to how Snell & the two other rotation spots perform until Bedard is at 100%. I like the pickup for SEA, but Bedard's contribution this season is still a big question mark.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

This works out pretty well for both sides because of his injury. Since it's a one-year deal, if he can come back mid-year and pitch well from June/July on, he still gets his big payday next year, and if the M's fall out of the race, they can dangle him out there again as a rent-a-player at the deadline if he's healthy this year.

Wow, I had no idea that Bedard was missing that much time. I was having a conversation with a fellow Brewer fan and neither of us could understand why Bedard wasn't getting more attention, now I know why.
Also keep in mind Bedard pulls himself after 100 pitches. So if he only makes 15 starts those won't go past 6 innings so thats maybe 90 innings.

Too big a risk. He had a torn labrum. Lots of pitchers never come back from that or if they do, are never as effective. This isn't TJ surgery which is successful almost all the time. The severity of the torn labrum can be wildly variable. The surgery is a 10-12 month recovery time; Bedard didn't have until August. Knowing him, expect the full 12 month recovery time.

Archived