Brewer Fanatic

April 11 bobblehead game

miggs721
Just thought that Iwould pass this along, when you click on the asrerisk on the Brewers schedule on the milwaukeebrewers.com site for this promotion game, it lists a Bernie Brewer bobblehead as the giveaway, contrary to the Gallardo, that people maybe mistakelnly rumored for this day. Feel free to check it out

Noticing the trend here? It looks like none of the bobbleheads will have alternates. You have the four "moment" bobbleheads, Bernie Brewer, and the last one would be the remaining racing sausage. They usually do six per season. I hope I'm right.

Don't jinx it. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif I don't want 4 more bobbleheads like the Braun w/ Uecker talking.

Trying not to jinx it, but I think the Brewers were really starting to get sick of all the crap with the alternates. People doing everything to get one at the gate, positioning themselves in certain lines, playing games at the turnstyle, asking for a different one, the selling and buying in the lot, selling a free promotional item on eBay for $40, etc. I think a lot of the fans were sick of it too, and I think it finally started to make its way to the promotions crew. So I think (hoping) that they just axed it, finally.

I think that if the retros create interest and demand for Brewer tickets, the Brewers will continue to do them. Their bottom line is to make a profit.........not sure if they need the retros to sell out games, but they do get people "excited"!

My issue with the bobbleheads is the Brewers don't want people buying and selling autographs of the players. I'm guessing that is why they wanted Fielder to only sign the postcards at On Deck. Fielder had never had a problem getting his autos done. His problem is showing up. lol There is far more money changing hand selling bobbleheads that there is selling free autographs from the likes of On Deck, Autograph Fridays, and the block parties.

Sorry, but I don't think the Brewers need bobbleheads to sell out Sunday matinee games. There was a time where they needed them. But with the stars on the roster now, Miller Park Sunday is basically an all-day party that will be sold out no matter what.

I think the bobbleheads now only exist because the sponsors will pay a lot of money to put their name on something most people won't trash, and will be seen before a giant crowd. In the past, the bobbleheads brought fans to the park. Now, I think it's more that the fans are brining the bobbleheads and the sponsors to the park.

I think it's pretty clear that if you put even a decent, .500 team in Milwaukee with a few exciting players, fans will come out in droves to support them. Miami and Atlanta we are not. They certainly don't need retros to sell out those games, and I don't even think they need bobbleheads at all.

1. Bernie over Gallardo seems silly to me...

2. I like the idea of no alternates.

3. The bobbleheads provide a 100% certain sell-out, are you saying that all Sunday games are sell-outs throughout the season OldSchool?

4. Lastly, if they let Prince go, I'm not sure the average fan is going to make a sincere effort to come to a lot of Brewers games.

Right now, Prince and Braun draw fans, are there currently any other players on this team you can say that about? Take away 50% of the guys fans want to see, and you will see a drop in attendance in my opinion.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Having any bobblehead day does not equate to a sellout. The Doug Melvin bobblehead day had only 30,024 in attendance.

that cant really count, its doug melvin for crying out load. the racing sausages draw bigger crowds. i have tons of bobbles but i still dont have that one. why cause i can care less about him.

Having any bobblehead day does not equate to a sellout. The Doug Melvin bobblehead day had only 30,024 in attendance.

exactly... even a lame bobble like Melvin didn't draw a sellout on a Sunday afternoon game, Sunday games are far from automatic on sellouts, especially with no playoff hopes in sight...

I'm glad the last sausage will be done this year, unless they add a 6th sausage in the future.

I want PLAYER bobbles, no more mascots, GMs, or weiners...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

exactly... even a lame bobble like Melvin didn't draw a sellout on a Sunday afternoon game, Sunday games are far from automatic on sellouts, especially with no playoff hopes in sight...

I'm glad the last sausage will be done this year, unless they add a 6th sausage in the future.

I want PLAYER bobbles, no more mascots, GMs, or weiners...

Aren't they all the same thinghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Not a fair sample. The Brewers were well out of contention, and the game had the exact same start time as the Packers 2nd game. If the Brewers were still in the race, that game would have sold out as well.

But, isn't all the other bobblehead games a near sellout after single game tickets go on sale? I just saying that the Brewers can't just throw anyone on a bobblehead and have it sell out automatically. I know there was a thread on this site of people wanting Cirillo, George Scott, Greg Vaughn, etc. If the Melvin bobble game would have been a current player I think it would have sold out/ or been close to a sell out in April.

Maybe. I guess there is no way to know. Melvin is a pretty crappy giveaway, but I think it still would have been sold out if there wasn't a Packer game that day. I had four tickets to that game, and after all of my friends backed out, I used all four on myself to get the bobbles, then went home to watch the Packers. I'm sure a lot of people didn't even bother showing up.

Having a decent bobblehead game will translate to a sellout. The brewers just have to be smart with the bobbleheads they are offering. Obviously, Melvin last year didn't draw a big crowd because nobody cared as has been illustrated.

Retros bobbles or not ....the games will sell out with the bobbleheads. i enjoyed seeing one of the guys outside of Miller Park after the games buying bobbleheads for $5 at Brewers on Deck at his table selling the same bobbles he bought for $5 for obviously more then that. I laughed...among other thoughts

Archived