Brewer Fanatic

are we not excited about fantasy baseball 2010?

flosses like fossas
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would take that trade. Lind is off to a slow start, but he has more upside. He quietly had a really good year last year. Lind was also ranked much higher and had a higher ADP coming into the season.

Okay I am gonna go with Haren over Jimenez.

Ouch.... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

So goes fantasy baseball...

Actually I am in luck, our league decided we are not announcing our keepers till the end of the season. So yeah, I think I am going to keep Jimenez over Haren. And actually might trade Haren for SS help since I also have Garza, Lirano, Richard and Millwood as starters.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I have a problem at catcher. I had Victor Martinez, but then he broke his thumb and went on the DL. I picked up Carlos Santana immediately and he's been absolutely fantastic. However, now Martinez has been activated.

This normally wouldn't be a problem, but no one else in my league will trade with me (or they make awful trade proposals, such as offering to take Kelly Johnson, Zack Greinke, and Jason Heyward off my hands for Ben Zobrist, AJ Burnett, and Barry Zito).

I've tried packaging Martinez with outfielders, infielders, relief pitchers...everything, and to no avail. They seem to be very similar players with similar talents. Basically, I have to release one of them. I have no idea who to chose. Any suggestions?

I don't know how many teams are in your league, but V-Mart is one of the 3-4 best hitters eligible at catcher and I wouldn't just release him. I think your best bet is to offer him straight up for another injury prone player at a position of need. Make an offer to every team that doesn't have McCann or Mauer if you have to.

You can't fit him into a corner infielder or utility slot (assuming he has 1B eligibility)? Do you have room on your bench to let VMart sit until he hits (might take him a while to shake the rust off)? Can you keep him on the DL for a while until you figure out what to do with him? I'd hesitate dropping either. Especially if this is a keeper league and Santana could be kept on the cheap.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

I only have 8 teams in my league, and it looks like half of them aren't even bothering anymore. The rest have McCann, Mauer, Posey, and Olivo. I don't really have any glaring positions of need either. I've won the last 13 weeks on head-to-head match-ups.

I kept him on the DL as long as I could, the second he was activated, he lost DL eligibility. I'm using him right now on the bench to fill in at catcher and a 1B spot on off days, but my corner IF are Adrian Gonzalez, Joey Votto, and Scott Rolen (I also have Adam Dunn stored away in the outfield with 1B eligibility). I'd get rid of Rolen, but I have no other 3B options. It's hard to keep him on the bench either, because our scoring favors pitching and you do better by cycling through starters. The league rules are kind of stupid and it's handcuffing me at the moment. It's not a keeper league either, so that's almost making me lean toward losing Santana.

Archived