Brewer Fanatic

Keith Law's sleeper prospects for 2011 (yes, 2011) - one a T Rat?

homer
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Anyone have ESPN Insider? There's a Keith Law article on sleepers for 2011 and one of the pics is a pitcher from the T_Rats. Pretty sure it's Peralta but was wondering what the write up on him is.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I like right-handers Eric Arnett and Jake Odorizzi, but Wily Peralta

could be the breakout guy in 2010, as 2009 was his first full year back

after Tommy John surgery. He'll sit in the low to mid-90s, touching 97,

with an above-average slider, but his command and changeup need

refinement.

I love Peralta, but if I have to pick one guy who's a bit of a sleeper for the top 100 in 2011, I think it's Rivas. He's not really on any lists right now, throws in the mid to upper 90's, has a great change, and is a couple years removed from injury problems.

I will say however it is so incredibly tiring to hear about our huge lack of viable pitching prospects. I do not believer there are many teams in the game that have the top of prospects we have on the mound. Of course the fact that there are all between 1-3 years away is a huge factor as there are just so many things that can go wrong in that time period.

Still does not change the fact we've got a ton of potentially impactful young arms. I really have to vehemetly disagree with a lot of what BA said this year about the Brewers.....perhaps it's because I'm biased, follow the team closer than they do, or they're wrong. Not sure which!

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Archived