Brewer Fanatic

Ben Sheets to A's - 1 year, $10 million plus incentives

dlk9s

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Beane again taking on an injured player with upside. Good move. Good luck, Ben - glad I don't have to boo you.

And Sheets is probably PO'd he doesn't get to bat anymore. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I still very much want a Navy Sheets jersey.

Whats standard procedure? Has the team been sitting on them in case he came back? I never really saw them at a good price? Was there a quick sale I missed?

Any help, and how this sort of thing has happened in the past, let me know. Although, the team still wanting $50 a crack for Hardy jerseys leaves me with little hope.

The Crew plays every team in the AL West this year for interleague play BESIDES the A's. This is because we have to play the bloody Twins 2x. I would have much rather gotten a chance to play the A's and go up against Sheeter.

Good luck Ben! Stay healthy bro!

Ben must have changed Beane's mind after those relatively harsh words in Moneyball. Wouldn't it be interesting if Beane one day had both Sheets and Fielder, two guys he previously had negative things to say regarding

I haven't seen it yet, but somebody told me there's a BP guy saying he thinks this deal and the size of it might have something to do with MLB cracking down on the Marlins' spending or lack thereof...makes some sense, I guess, because a lot of this really doesn't. Even if they just are signing him to deal him, it's an odd allocation of resources to me.

whether it's 8 million, 10 million, or 12 million, it's still only a one year deal. 10 plus incentives for one year would be fine with me if i was a GM. If those incentives are innings based then i wouldn't mind taking the risk on a guy of his quality. Honestly, it's only one year. Not too long ago we gave Eric Gagne, one year for 10 million, and he had a history of injury, poor recent perfomance, and PED use, plus he was just a closer who hadn't been an effective closer in a few years. Sheets has a history of injuries, fluky as most of them were, but none of those other stigmas, so compared to what we did for Gagne, Beane got a steal..

Archived