Brewer Fanatic

Security at MP is pretty bad with the Giants in town?

zingsheim

Now I'll probably be banned from BF for expressing my opinion.

Who do you think you are? HOFFY?

We've clearly laid out the guidelines and enforce them impartially. Frankly, I don't understand where your insinuation is coming from.

I think the sign is funny...I can see why one could say it's offensive...but how about just a big blown up picture of the bonds picture? I remember seeing that on espn earlier...I think they had a Giants idol? I think Rob Schneider was there to promote Benchwarmers and some guys came up with some pretty funny stuff...

Quote:
When they stopped me, I didn't question why because:

A. I thought it was pretty obvious why.

B. It made a lot of sense.

Earlier in the game, I was surprised to see it wasn't a madhouse in Right Center. It was good thinking on the Brewers' part to restrict access.

Well I'm certainly not upset with the restricted access. And yes, once you see the area is restricted it was obvious why. What bothered me, and it seems others, was the way they (ushers, security & police) handled the matter. And to take it a step further, this year the Brewers hospitality staff in general seems to have taken a step back. Last night was just the back breaker.

How hard is it to be polite? If not polite, how about just not a horses rear end?

As for last night, it's not like this is an area that is never open to the public. Even with large crowds, that area is usually open. So for the first response to be "move or be arrested, tossed or banned from the stadium" is ridiculous.

I have been to 27 games already this year. I am a season ticket holder with tickets to 14 more games and I'll probably wind up purchasing more ticket over the next few weeks. I'll call my ticket agent on Monday to offer my feedback. I'm not going to call and complain about the restricted areas of the park. I'm not going to call and complain about the inconvenience. I am going to call and complain about the behavior of their staff. If nothing else, it will make me feel better.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Quote:
I am going to call and complain about the behavior of their staff. If nothing else, it will make me feel better.

very understandable...just remember the person you are talking to is not the person that made the mistake (i have been answering phones this summer for my job and fielding many complaints...some people are amazing)

MP ushers are always an interesting bunch. some of them are good and enforce, but there are others that do not, but then try to after problems have been brewing all game. that is nothing but problems waiting to happen. and yet others just lack people skills.

Well, 20fry, based on the information you've provided, I think you're well within reason to complain about the service you received. I'd imagine your ticket rep can direct you to whoever oversees the front-line guest relations staff. I'd be interested to know what their response is.

It frustrates me when I'm stopped from doing something and the person "in charge" won't explain why, even when I ask. I realize that some customers are so stubborn or so 'don't get it' that explaining does no good - you have to just repeat over and over what they have to do - but I don't know that that means an employee should refuse to answer a reasonable question, asked reasonably.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote:
very understandable...just remember the person you are talking to is not the person that made the mistake (i have been answering phones this summer for my job and fielding many complaints...some people are amazing)

Oh yeah, I know that. I've been in management in a very customer service heavy industry. I've fielded my fair share of "fun calls" in the past. I have no intention of even raising my voice. I just figure that without any feedback they might think everything is just fine.

Quote:
I realize that some customers are so stubborn or so 'don't get it' that explaining does no good - you have to just repeat over and over what they have to do - but I don't know that that means an employee should refuse to answer a reasonable question, asked reasonably.

Exactly my point.

Quote:
How hard is it to be polite? If not polite, how about just not a horses rear end?

I'm sure you were polite with the usher. However, the 19 or 20 people before you probably were not so polite with the same usher. They got fed up with it, and took it out on you. It happens. Let it sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide.

Quote:
I'm sure you were polite with the usher. However, the 19 or 20 people before you probably were not so polite with the same usher.

Fed up from dealing with idiots all day, I can understand (although, I was literally the first person through this particular gate near the outfield. I got there early, went to fridays, ate lunch then headed to the gate. It's my regular routine. I don't usually go the LF route because its too crowded. When I leave Fridays, I hang a right and park myself in the opposite direction of most people. No one really ever goes this way, but anyway...)

Quote:
They got fed up with it, and took it out on you. It happens. Let it sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide

After asking her a question, she tried to have me arrested when I told her she was wasting my time while my 10 year old son was by himself in the stadium. I don't think I should have to "Let it sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide".

Archived