Brewer Fanatic

Baseball Card Question

lodiness
So, I have some memorabilia that I am going to frame. I decided that for the fourth "Piece" for the frame I am going to do a trio of baseball cards. Not being very familiar with baseball cards (Haven't collected them since I was 10), what do you look for? What are the top brands? Which ones tend to be worth more long run if the player blows up? Probably going to look for a AA, AAA, and rookie card. Just looking for a couple of nice looking cards. They will be going with an auto'd bat, aut'd 8x10, and an auto'd baseball. Anyone know how you attatch the photo and cards to a frame without wrecking them also? Also if anyone else has any other idea's for a "4th Piece" different than this, it would be greatly appreciated. Just looking for ideas, and this is the best that I could come up with.

I don't think rookie cards are very valuable anymore. You almost need something autographed or with a piece of game use memorabilia. What would look nice though is one of the Allen and Ginter cards.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

hmmm, i dont collect cards much either, but agreed with logan, game used stuff attached to the card is better. any player in particular your looking for? what about a yount rookie or molitor rookie? depending on the grading, you can get them fairly cheap, if you want it in GM 10, it'll cost ya more.

also, you can ask someone on the trading post page, lots of those guys know more about cards than i do. some of them also have incredible displays and might have a better idea of a 4th item. good luck!

I would suggest checking out ebay for some Escobar cards. He had a few 2009 rookie cards and there are a few minor league cards circulating out there as well. As for game used cards, I don't believe he has any of them yet. He should have quite a few 2010 cards starting soon though; maybe he'll have some auto'd and jersey/patch cards in those sets. Best of luck, sounds like you'll have a pretty sweet display.

I really want to buy the batting gloves from the Futures game he was in in St. Louis, but just can't justify the price. $250 at LOF. I only payed $275 for my Griffey Jr. UDA Jersey. Seems like they just rip people off.

I really want to buy the batting gloves from the Futures game he was in in St. Louis, but just can't justify the price. $250 at LOF. I only payed $275 for my Griffey Jr. UDA Jersey. Seems like they just rip people off.

Yeah, I got a pair of Braun signed gloves off of ebay from Mikita Sports for $150, I think. At LOF, I see that they have dropped the price to $179.99, but that's only for one glove. That seems a bit pricey.

There is an Alcides Escobar Futures Game patch card in 2007 Bowman Draft - they turn up on ebay every now and then. I also believe he has a few autos in 200 Just, but those cards tend to be of lower quality. I've attached links to a couple in my collection - hopefully they work.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii13/2007shelby/Personal%20Collection/Brewers/Alcides%20Escobar/Escobar07BDPPatch.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii13/2007shelby/Personal%20Collection/Brewers/Alcides%20Escobar/LaPorta07JustAuto.jpg

Archived