Brewer Fanatic

Jake Peavy to the Braves

We COULD, but I dont necessarily like the idea of bush, weeks, and a high level prospect for peavy after the year peavy posted in a pitchers park like petco last year. ok i still like his numbers, just not at that price.

-Don

Peavy picked up steam in the 2nd half of the season, as he helped carry that Padres squad to the postseason, especially given the Dodgers late surge.

This would be a great pickup for the Braves, who want to get back to winning via their pitching staff. Getting a pitcher of Peavy's ability is huge, and they don't seem to be giving up too much (at least not enough to hurt them).

I agree, I'd love to see the Brewers step in, but the extra pieces the Braves have seem to match up pretty well with what the Padres need, or at least are looking for.

wow, I guess SD really wanted to pair up the Giles's, huh? I wonder why, I never had the feeling that baseball fans really follow local guys that much like they do in basketball and football, probably because college baseball is not on the level of the other 2 college sports.

This trade could really help the Braves, but if Salty pans out, it could really help SD too. OTOH, why did SD give up their stud C prospect in an earlier deal (Kottaras, I believe)?

Archived