Brewer Fanatic

Gosh I'd love to have Nomar Garciaparra in LF.

RyDogg66
The story actually doesn't talk about financial figures for Nomar's proposed deal. That's interesting that it shows up as a registration only site for you. For me it doesn't, and I don't recall ever registering at the LA Times, at least not recently.

Nomar could play third. Then you deal Hardy in a package for a stud OF.

Hardy, Eveland, DD for Wells. Davis replaces Lilly and the Jays have a SS for the future.

Weeks 2B

Hart LF

Nomar 3B

Prince 1B

Wells CF

Hall SS

Gross/FA RF

Miller/ Rivera C

Can I dream?

Quote:
So we trade a young SS, a good pitching prospect and a solid 4/5 major league starting for a one year rental at CF?

That is my problem too with trading for Wells. I see him gone in '08. Heck if our season is bad by July, he could be Carlos Lee'd to Texas.

Too much to give up for a more than likely, one year rental IMHO.

You have to give up talent to get it. Don't make the trade without an extension. 2yr/27 mil

DD is a free agent after this year. Some people think he will be dealt anyway. So Toronto is getting a one year rental also.

I'm not high on Eveland. I think Villanueva, ZJ, Gallardo, and Rogers will all be better.

Taking DD's salary away and maybe adding a cheaper starter might be the way to go anyway.

If we could make a push for Nomar, why not? They guy can flat out rake and as far as I could tell last season we could use a consistent bat in the lineup. A great compliment to Prince as well in the 3-4 spot. The guy is super-versatile (although I admit not a defensive stud at any spot) is nevertheless an asset to a team that has battled injuries at key infield spots for the last two seasons. Go get em, DM.

Archived