Brewer Fanatic

MLB merchandise question.

hawing
Does anyone happen to have this cap? I'd like to find a winter cap with a visor, but I suspect the cap might be more "April/October baseball" weight than "upper Midwest winter" weight. (Though if global warming predictions come true and Wisconsin winters become increasingly mild in our lifetimes, I'd be set, and by then it might even be a retro design.)
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

That is a pretty nifty cap, alas I do not have it.

One suggestion I have is a couple years ago I was able to find a Brewers knit cap with a bill on it at Lids in Milwaukee. The bill isn't as good as a typical baseball cap bill, but it is better than nothing and keeps me very warm. It might be a lead for you to check out as I'm pretty sure there are some Lids stores in Madison. I didn't see anything on the Lids site, but it is worth a try.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• 2 weeks later...

An update no one asked for:

I ordered the cap in my lead post for the S.O.'s birthday and it arrived today. The ear flaps are not a super snug fit, and I wouldn't rely on it in weather like southern Wisconsin is about to get (flirting with zero); but in less extreme cold - or, as I suspected, April and October games - it would probably be fine.

It does look sharp. My S.O. has a good head on his shoulders, but a large one - he has the same hat size as Kevin Mench - but the 39THIRTY comes in Large/XLarge, which fits him, so he's happy to have a MLB hat that he can actually wear. He also now has a nice gift idea for my birthday. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

That is good to know. I am always looking for a warmer fall/early spring hat when it is still cold but not cold enough for a beanie or other winter hat. Thanks for the info.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• 4 weeks later...

Update: The S.O. returned the favor and got me a "downflap" cap for my birthday. Only in the intervening month we discovered they sell the cap in both the modern-M and ball-glove logo styles. How pretty is this?

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-6882844dt.jpg

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-6882844_alternate2_dt.jpg

Only the ball-glove version doesn't say "Brewers" in the back, but the 1980s-style "Milwaukee." The button atop the cap is also gold instead of blue.

Besides being pretty (to my eye at least), it's also fleece lined on the inside. So I'm wearing this to work starting Friday!

Archived