Brewer Fanatic

Brewers on Deck January 31st

miggs721
The wait went faster thanks to 20fry and mattsr0625. I ended up getting Yount, Hawkins, and Greg Vaughn as I was leaving. I was really hoping to get Randolph and I was second in line for the coaches, but Randolph was the only one who didn't sign. Overall, a good day.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got there at 6:45, it was nice to wait inside as opposed to two years ago at Miller Park. Got a Yount Auto on a Mitchell and Ness Jersey, Yount is such a great guy. Also was able to get Escobar and Gamel on OMLB balls sweetspotted which was a steal for $10. Also picked up a Lyle Overbay auto OMLB, a auto Brady Clark Helmet, and an auto Damian Miller Helmet.

I thought the event went pretty smoothly all in all.

Got there about 8, got a Yount 3000 hit ticket stub and a ROMLB sweet spot blue ink...he wouldnt do any inscriptions, but was very gracious to all, and about halfway through, said to the crowd, " be right back, nature calls." Missed out by 50 or so on Escobar/Gamel, not worried, already have Gamel, and Escobar will be around for years....Then just decided to get a Parra sweet spot on an Romlb with his #26 inscribed...I heard that Hawkins was very quiet and didnt say a lick, just kept signing....Prince signed all memorbilia, contrary to prior reports, while Braun stuck to the plan in signing the cards...Overall, great day

Hats off to the Brewers. This was a great show, well organized. Well run. I was very happy with everything. I got there early, had a great time with Barrelman19 & Mattsr. Saw some others as well. I hope everyone got what they wanted. BillyHallFan, I hope you got the Yount signature you were after!

I skipped the sig's this year and focused on the vendors. I was able to add a ton of stuff to my game used collection including 4 game used helmets (3 of the ball and glove variety), 4 game used jerseys (including a great pinstriped jersey from 2008), 3 game used hats, 4 game used bats and a box of game used baseballs. I somehow managed to stay within budget, but I'm done for awhile.

It's always cool to see the players in the crowd. We saw Yount and Suppan on the floor. Suppan was great, taking pictures and talking to people. We left before noon, but in retrospect I would liked to have stayed and watched some of the afternoons activities, but between my full hands, empty wallet and lack of sleep, I was ready to go.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

I'll agree with everyone... it was very well run this year and it was awesome to have the extra space!!

I focused on autographs, and between my dad and myself, we were able to get Bush and Suppan's TimberRattlers bobbleheads signed, a LaTroy Hawkins Fort Wayne bobble signed, a Randy Wolf Phillies bobble signed, a Gamel bobble signed, a Escobar ball signed, and both Gamel and Escobar on a team helmet I started. I was surprised at how short some of the lines were. But It was pretty cool. We also got 2 grab bags and thought it was funny that both of your "big" items were old video games. We also got 2 authenticated balls in our grab bags. I looked them up and I think it's cool they can tell you exactly what happened with that ball!

But all in all, I thought it was great. There didn't seem to be as many people there as last year though.

I agree as well, everything seemed much more organized. My fiance and I got Yount SS on a ball and a mini helmet - they look perfect - that was the primary goal. He was awesome and very personable asked where we wanted the stuff signed, took a picture and shook his hand. Shook hands with Fielder, Weeks and Hoffman in passing caught us off guard... kinda neat. I was one of the people that snagged the Miller Bobblehead for $2 - needed it for the collection and a $1 Braves nesting doll. Sat and watched the Fashion show and Q&A with the alumni. Even snagged Melvin and Thomas autos after the show. Pretty sweet. Skipped Gamel/Escobar, figured I'll have time to get them in the future.

I saw the '82 trophy in passing, it was a glass vase... I was super unimpressed. In fact the whole "Brewers History Memorabilia" they had was not displayed well... could have been a cool collection if it was displayed better.

I couldn't figure out the scavenger hunt for the 1/2 price brewers tickets though... I was real tired... anybody else figure it out... I'd appreciate the help. Thanks!

This was the first time I went since the very first event they had at Mller Park several years ago. No way I would've went if we couldn't have waited inside, since I got there a little before 7. I thought it went pretty well, though I didn't know what was always going on at certain times - this cost me Cirillo & Gorman Thomas autographs! But I did walk away with:

- Hoffman signed hat w/"hells bells"

- Greg Zaun sweetspot baseball

- Tim Dillard w/2008 Brewers sweetspot baseball

- David Riske w/2008 Brewers sweetspot baseball

- Hernan Iribarren & Claudio Vargas added to my 2008 team jersey

- Greg Vaughn signed County Stadium brick

- Larry Hisle signed bat

- Brian Anderson sweetspot baseball

- Rick Schlesinger signed event ticket, priceless!!

Almost the perfect day, only wanted Gorman on a brick and Ed Sedar on a ball to complete my 2008 individual signed baseball collection.

I also had a great time at today's event.

I can't go to Spring Training and seldom get to Milwaukee, so I had to make the most of my time at the On Deck by focusing on autographs.

I pulled out of Stevens Point at 4:30 and was inside the M.E Center at 6:50. (298th in line by my count)

It was alot of running around, but here is what I got:

Greg Vaughn - 2 baseball cards

Dave Bush - T-Rats Bobblehead

Jeff Cirillo - 16x20

Gorman Thomas - ROMLB w/ '79 & '82 AL HR Champ inscription

Jim Gantner - 16x20 group photo w/ Molly and Yount (alrteady signed by Paulie)

Rickie Weeks - 16x20

Robin Yount - completed my Molly/Yount growth chart poster from 1988. (already signed by Molly)

Mat Gamel - ticket stub from 1st HR in St. Louis w/inscription

Alcides Escobar - Brewers Mini-Helmet

Larry Hisle - two cards

All caught up on my Brewer autos - looking foreward to next year.

great time, i got there about 7:10, but was discouraged by the people ahead of us to go for yount, in retrospect prolly coulda got him. I did however get to the rummage area right away and picked up the following:

Cameron signed ball

Hardy signed ball

Kendall signed ball

Koskie game used bat

Branyan BP jersey

"5 Homerun" poster

Then we got to Yo which was almost confusing to find because of all the people in line for Yount and Braun, but we got in there with barely a line. Pretty good after putzing around for 15 minutes at the rummage

After that I got bought a Cecil Cooper SS ball

Svuem and Deer easter signed ball

Near the end of Weeks signing the Escobar/Gamel line was already getting long, so we jumped in that around 12:30/1 and got them.

I got Gamel on a ticketstub from his first start (he didn't write in first HR though), and an Escobar ball. My friend cracked a joke to Escobar being tired out after doing the Electric Slide, but we don't think he got it.

Great times!

Matt, did you get the Turnbow jersey along with all that other stuff from the rummage or the vendors? You cleaned up pretty well, as did 20fry!!! Good hustly out there!

(10692 were in attendance, 227 more than last year - via Adam McCalvy on Twitter)

Bikeage77, What about the people behind you in line. We didn't discourage you from getting Yount. You would have made it easily. I also chatted with BiilyHallFan there. I assume I seen tnweill get his brick signed by Greg Vaughn, but I didn't really look at him as much as the brick being signed.

I dragged my wife and we ended up getting...

Yount signed on a 16x20 World Series picture

Yount signed SI

Doug Davis OMLB sweetspot

Jody Gerut OMLB sweetspot w/ROY inscription

Josh Butler OMLB

Greg Zaun OMLB

Mitch Stetter 8x10

John Axford OMLB

LaTroy Hawkins OMLB

Alcides Escobar 8X10 which Escobar wanted me to give to him

Mat Gamel photo card which I gave away. I have enough Gamel autos

Greg Vaughn 8x10

Larry Hisle photo card

I wasn't able to check out the rummage areas, and the grab bags didn't interest me this year.

I am super pumped with my Yount autograph! What a great guy...also got my picture taken with him (not sure if that was allowed but I asked the security guy and he took a great pic of me and Yount when he signed my poster). Easily could have gotten Cirillo, Vaughn, and Gorman on there way to the mainstage but was only there for Yount and didnt have anything for any of those guys. Kinda bummed I wasnt able to look at anything until after Yount was done signing for me.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h11/numberonewadefan/Baseball/BrewersFanFest008.jpg

It was my first year doing the On-Deck so me and my buddy who came with me focused on getting Yount. We were there about 6:45 or so- I was able to get my powder blue replica jersey signed....the Jersey was a gift or I would have bought an authentic one. Tried to get Escobar and Gamel but the line was cutoff about 5 people in front of me-spent too much time checking out the vendors. Was able to pick up some cool stuff at the vendors. I was on a strict budget this year- hopefully in the future I can spend some more time checking out the rummage sales and vendors as opposed to the autographs.

Bikeage77, What about the people behind you in line. We didn't discourage you from getting Yount. You would have made it easily.

You're totally right. I never get to check out the rummage stuff until it's pretty dwindled so got over there right away, and think I made the most of it. I'm happy for you guys that you were able to get Yount! Gettting Vaughn was pretty great too, as he was probably my second favorite Brewer growing up. You and the rest of your party were great company in line. Still gotta figure out the significance of that Escobar ticket stub, or I'll try to get my money back from that guy http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Bikeage77, What about the people behind you in line. We didn't discourage you from getting Yount. You would have made it easily.

You're totally right. I never get to check out the rummage stuff until it's pretty dwindled so got over there right away, and think I made the most of it. I'm happy for you guys that you were able to get Yount! Gettting Vaughn was pretty great too, as he was probably my second favorite Brewer growing up. You and the rest of your party were great company in line. Still gotta figure out the significance of that Escobar ticket stub, or I'll try to get my money back from that guy http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I think the seller thought that was his 1st hit. His 1st SB came August 12th, 2008 while pinch running. His 1st hit of 2009 was August 13th. His 1st hit was 9/03/08. 1st HR 8/23/09.

BrewerSuperCollector -- I didn't even know what was going on w/Vaughn. I just happened to to be standing by the main stage where their entrance was. Look up, thought to myself, "hey that's Greg Vaughn!!" I don't think he was too pleased that I caught him as he was a half step from not having to sign anything else for the time being. That might've even been you , BSC, that I said that to after he left. I originally want Gorman on the brick, but I'm more than happy to get anyone on it.

That wasn't me. I seen Gorman go through and I have enough of him. Then I seen Vaughn coming, and you were there with your brick. I was in line for Zaun. I just printed the Vaughn 8x10 the day before knowing he was going to be there. I grabbed it and walked over. I would have rather had a ball signed, but the photo was right on top of all of my stuff. Vaughn would kind of size you up before he would sign. He took the 8x10 and then looked me up and down(all dressed in Brewers) then signed. I thanked him for coming back to Milwaukee.

I thought the free autos, as first advertised would end up being Vaughn, Cirillo, and the usual Gorman, Augustine, Hisle, Sanders, and Gantner. Hisle was at a table signing, but that was all I saw.

I think the seller thought that was his 1st hit. His 1st SB came August 12th, 2008 while pinch running. His 1st hit of 2009 was August 13th. His 1st hit was 9/03/08. 1st HR 8/23/09.

August 13, 2009 was Escobar's first MLB start.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Archived