Brewer Fanatic

Brewers on Deck January 31st

miggs721
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This morning Haudricourt tweeted Carlos Gomez is going to miss On Deck due to the flu. I wonder what they'll do to fill the autograph slot and the press conference time they had set aside for him.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Coffey's stuck in NC due to the snow they received according to TH. Looks like they scheduled a Q&A with Doug & Gord where Gomez was going to be for his introductory press conference. LaTroy Hawkins will now face the ever dangerous mystery opponent in the Who Wants to be a Brewer game.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I'm tryin to decide what to get signed....Either a 3000 hit stub, or a romlb on the sweet spot, the thing is, is that I have a nice Yount ball from when I was a kid, but it is in black sharpie on the side panel....thoughts please

7:30-8, i think is a good time...last year we got there at 7-7:30, and braun and fielder were signing at 11, I am going with my fiancee, so I may get the stub and ball signed, I also have a 1982 WS Ball signed by a few members, all in different inks, Charlie Moore, Paul Molitor, Gorman Thomas, and Pete Vuckovich, the Moore is fading a bit, would it be nice to add Yount on this ball, or the ticket stub, assuming I get a sweet spotted ball signed

I have concluded that Yount prob is the only 25 dollar graph i may seek...Hoffman is a possiblity, but I am looking forward to getting Escobar at 3...I am going to get an official southern league ball signed by Gamel and Escobar, since they played in Huntsville together, and my fiancee will get a sweet spot Escobar, plus a photo of Mat the Bat

Haudricourt had a tweet about the '82 AL trophy being on display. Any chance someone could snap a pic of it? I've never seen it.

Legend has it this trophy was found under a stack of newspapers in Bud Selig's office when they were cleaning out County Stadium amidst the move to Miller Park.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I didn't come across the 82 trophy, but hopefully someone can help you out with that, Invader.

I checked out of On Deck pretty early. Getting into the event was pretty orderly. At each stage they had stations for the different players who would be signing there. Within the first 20 minutes of doors opening the lines for Yount and Braun had been capped at stage one. On my way to get Yo I stopped by the Brewers charities rummage sale table to see if anything interesting was there. They had a ton of nesting dolls and Jason Kendall bobbleheads. There was a random Damian Miller SGA too. I ended up snagging a Bill Hall for $2 when some girl put it back. They had a bunch of game used/cracked bats, programs, jerseys, and other random accessories as well. I jumped into Yo's line which was dwarfed by those of Yount and Braun. Yo actually started signing at 10:30am even though he wasn't scheduled to start signing until 11am.

There were a lot of different vendors, many of whom had some decent deals on SGA bobbleheads. One guy was selling bobbleheads for $15 each while those around him were selling them for $7-8. I had to chuckle at that. Other than that, the story of the day was lines, lots of lines. It was a good time though. It will be interesting to hear what some people walked away with!

Well I had a great time. Barrelman19 and 20fry helped pass the time outside. I was not interested in any autos. I got a turnbow road jersey, Dillon retro jersey, 2 retro helmets, a few lineup cards, a few spring training hats including a st pattys day hat, mil bears bill hall auto hat, Dillon bat, vargus bat, and a capuano bat used by sheets. Overall it was great. I was out of there by 11:30.

Archived