Brewer Fanatic

Brewers on Deck January 31st

miggs721
BHF, are/were you going to get Fielder at the event? How many autographs do you have of him?
I was first going to go for Braun...I know that you don't like me BrewCrew, and I really don't care. But Braun and Hall were always my favorite Brewers. I started a nice collection of Braun in probably 2007. This last year at an autograph friday when I got a big photo signed, he said "wow that is huge" I laughed and said, ya it is, try running in a crowd with it...he said "well what are you going to do with that?" I said put it in my closet with all the rest of your autographs...and he laughed, and when I thanked him after he signed it, he said well keep up the good work...A month later in Chicago he remembered me, and thanked me for being a fan...I've gotten my picture taken with him, and he was cool then too. He doesn't care...I have him more than I have Prince...I've given away four Prince 8x10's for free...so yes, I was going to go for Prince after I saw Braun wasn't signing, now I don't know what I am going to do...

I know that all of these comments are directed at me, which again, think what you want, I don't know you or BrewCrew5 to my knowledge, I don't remember meeting either one of you...but it's not like I push kids over for autographs, I never have, and I don't hold a gun to anyone's head to have them sign...If you have a problem with it, I guess that is your fault, because when Braun and Prince don't care, why should you?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it's not like I push kids over for autographs, I never have, and I don't hold a gun to anyone's head to have them sign

Really? You should try it, these are the two most effective ways to get both players to sign. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

BHF, if I happen to see you at the On Deck, I'll introduce myself. I'll probably be with Aaron (if you know him)

Yup, Aaron Wenzel. I'll probably be wearing an old brewers white stocking cap that has a blue yarn ball on top, carrying around a Pabst bike messenger bag.

Does anyone know if maybe you can get into the Hoffman/Fielder/Braun/Yount line, get a ticket, then go roam around until about the time of the signing? That's what they did for Yount and Uecker 5 years ago (or so) at Miller Park. It makes sense, but I dunno if they'll do that.

I'd like to think between all the people helping with this, someone has a plan.

Let's keep the lines moving, people. You wouldn't want to miss that Carlos Gomez press conference, anyway.

Is McCalvy intentionally being a funny guy?

Did anyone find any kind of confirmation other than that one article that Prince won't be signing anything other than the 5x7 cards?

Brewers' website now has the same message under Prince as under Braun. He will personalize all photo cards and WILL NOT sign memorabilia.

You know, the Brewers are really making this whole thing suck. If you pay $25 for an auto from somebody at a Brewers event, it should be on whatever you want (thats appropriate). Now anyone who was going to get Braun or Fielder will just switch and get Hoffman or Yount making their lines the craziest and longest.

Soon, at every Brewers event, they will only sign 5x7 cards. I know that most every team has some type of event like this. Does anyone know if any other teams restrict their players like this?

no team does, twinsfest mauer and morneau both sign multiple times, and they sign whatever...I think Mauer signs Friday and Saturday, and Morneau signs all three days, Soxfest you can get signed whatever you want...same with Royals, etc...

At the Cardinals winter warm up, Pujols will sign anything but certain rookie cards...

You gotta love the Brewers micro-managing things............

I wonder if you approach the players with something else what they would do?????

I really thought the Brewers were cool with collectors (we spend a lot of money with them)..........this reminds me of the "anti-collector" attitudes when Wendy ran the team.

If they are doing it here (when the lines were orderly last year), I bet this is a test run for autograph Fridays! If they went to 5x7 cards only on Fridays, you will not have "collectors" running to the gates like happens every Friday.

Fortunately I collect the 5x7s, but was wanting a bobble signed by Prince...........oh well, not waiting 6 hours for a 5x7 and then paying $40 for it.

Just a couple thoughts:

For the argument about people profiting on reselling the item, how much is someone really going to make? You pay 20 to get in, 25 for a sig, and 15 for an MLB ball. You've spent 60, an auto Braun ball barely goes for that on Ebay. Plus you've spent half your day waiting in line.

The argument about having them personalize a photo card to make lines move faster doesn't make sense to me. Isn't every player signing 250 items, thus the lines should move at around the same pace. Just don't let people pose for pictures to keep the line moving. What are they going to do, sign the cards ahead of time and just add the personalization when you get up there to save time?

Is there anyone going that will see the "fashion show?" I'm looking for timely confirmation of the change to "Milwaukee" on the road jerseys - is anyone willing to email or text me and take a picture? I'd really appreciate it. Message me and I can send you my cell phone number. Thanks

I know I don't post on here very often, I mostly read other posts to catch the news and opinions rather than post myself....I'm more less nervous that I'll write something stupid. I've only been collecting for two years or so. I got started after seeing the collection pictures on this fanboard. I love the hobby of collecting- but I live over 3 hours away from Milwaukee and don't get a chance to do Auto Fridays or hawk for sigs outside of the stadium. I am quite jealous of those who can. I'm also a beginning teacher and don't have the disposable income to pick up more expensive items and my collection is pretty medicore compared to everyone else on here, I would actually be embarrassed to post pictures. I was looking very forward to the On Deck, this is the first year I have been able to go and I was hoping to get Fielder to sign a custom picture done by a local photographer. I'm quite disappointed but I figure I'll still go and hope that I get an auto or two- I guess I'm a little nervous with the 20,000 people who are supposed to be there. Anyway- mad props to the collectors out there- you guys got some awesome stuff, and you are devoted to your hobby- hopefully I can sneak in and grab a few as well. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Hope everyone enjoys their day on Sunday.

UtilityInfielder,

Dude, don't worry about writing something stupid. Everybody here does that(want proof? read the drunk threads). I recently started collecting myself(probably 3-4 years ago), and have very little money(just starting my career), so i feel your pain. Also, a small collection is nothing to be embarrassed about. It's your collection, be proud. Besides, if you do choose to get a big collection, it will happen. Do you think BHF or Matt got their monster collections in one day? Heck no. It takes time, but it is time well spent, IMO. As for the 20,000 people, i doubt there will be more than 6,000 at any one time(especially with the braun/fielder announcements).

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Maybe 20,000 will filter in and out throughout the day. UtilityInfielder, the On Deck is a great chance to get bobbleheads on the cheap, like 5 bucks and less. Try to grab who you can, and check out the vendors, they have all sorts of stuff. Back in the days of Brookfield Square, you could get guys before they hit their signing tables, or after they were leaving them. I used to get tons of guys that way. Now it's a little tougher, but you can probably snag Melvin, Randolph, Svuem, etc roaming around.

Good luck, and have fun. That's the point of it all, even if circumstances don't go in our favors.

Archived